ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
R
My only answer to this question is that, While I was creating the turnouts, not all have the issue by the way, and only the "offenders" have been removed, I must have built in some clearance problems. I've only replaced 12 of the 30 or so. It was my first attempt at hand laying track so I...
-
R
It's been awhile and I have some updates. The post warning me about the hand-laid turnouts proved to be accurate. I had to remove them and replace them with commercial ones. I've since removed...well, lets say that I'm rebuilding the majority of my layout to facilitate the DCC. I've...
-
R
Now for chapter two. I installed a TCS-T1 and a Digitrax SFX004 soundbug in my Athearn Bluebox GP38-2. The install was done in stages and tested on the program track at each level. T1 in checked on the program track at address 03. motor worked fine. Back to the bench and installed the...
-
R
Ok, here's an update. First off, I'm not any type of electrical wizzard but I'm teachable. I've only burned up 2 decoders so far. One was purely my fault the second was a strange thing for sure. First was a miswire on the install (my first ) the second was due to a mislable on the motor...
-
R
No, the spark comes when I attempt to connect the second power IN line. This only occurs with the DC terminals from my pwr pack. If I connect the 16 VAC wires the DB150 comes on and operates the track.
-
R
Well, Merry Christmas to me. I went and bought the Digitrax Super Empire Builder Extra. Then I began re-wiring my layout with the BUSS system and got rid of a lot of wire from the old block system. I have the DB 150 hooked up to my MRC 20 powerpack that has plenty of power using the COIN...
-
R
Ok, I've read more lately than I ever did in school. I'm convinced that the next step for me is to make the jump. But, all the literature says this one is the best and that one is the best. Usually with the highest price tag to prove it. My next questions for this learned group are...
-
R
Bob, I think I'll go with your suggestion. I like the turntable operation as a separate entity. Thanks for the idea
-
R
One of my major concerns is how I have my yard wired now. I use a dpdt selector switch to select between Mainline power pack and a secondary yard power pack. That way I can switch the yard while another train is on the main. By selecting the Mainline pwr pk, I then can run the main line...
-
R
Rotary Switch
I installed a 9 position rotary switch for my roundhouse. It requires a little work and careful attention to what wire goes where but over all I am very satisfied with the operation. I don't remember the part number but it was a Radio Shack item and wasn't that expensive...
-
R
I want to thank all of you who have offered advice. I believe I will just jump in and make the investment after consulting with some hobby shops as to the specifics ( decoders etc.)
Thanks again. Wonderful site and am glad I found it.
-
R
I've built my bedroom size layout hand-laying track and building in place turnouts with powered frogs. I have 4 ( that's right four ) reverse loops that allow me to facilitate a longer main line run. There is a track diagram in my photo album here.
I have many "older" engines all DC. Atlas...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)