Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. O

    Weekly Photo Fun 12-18/12-24

    Some fantastic photos posted on this website. here is a photo from my previous OO Scale layout, I have given it the title "Only just I made it".
  2. O

    Weekly Photo Fun 12-11/12-17

    Thanks Barry, I made the hedges out of green Scotchbrite kitchen scourers cut into strips soaked in PVA white glue and rolled in fine ground cover. The new layout will have a rural Aussie theme but nowhere in particular, it is called "Dingo Ridge" supposedly a private railway set in the 1950s...
  3. O

    Weekly Photo Fun 12-11/12-17

    Don't know what happed but it appeared twice, sorry.
  4. O

    Weekly Photo Fun 12-11/12-17

    A street scene from my previous OO Scale layout called North Worcestershire Railway, now demolished so I can build my new one.
  5. O

    oztankonlines Loco's

    Hi there Jim, I have used Kadees on other layouts that I have built but modelers that model British OO and use Kadees are very few and far between, many now using the NEM Pocket types which are available in various size's and shapes. Lots of British and American steam locomotives in Oz, a lot...
  6. O

    oztankonlines Loco's

    Hi There, yes I did add the headlights and thought of using 3 chain link couplers but after some web research decided to give the idea away, seems that style of couplers cause a few problems, thanks for the suggestion though.
  7. O

    oztankonlines Loco's

    Hi There thanks for looking, all loco's and rolling stock are Hornby, only thing I don't like are the tension lock couplers which are reliable but ugly.
  8. O

    Under Construction - Birmingham UK

    Always interested in New Street Station as I did the bulk of my trainspotting there during the 1950s, good luck with the layout.
  9. O

    oztankonlines Loco's

    Just a few pics of my loco's which of course are British, I have only just started my new layout "Dingo Ridge" which is freelance in every way, not wanting to part with my OO Scale locomotives and rolling stock I decided to give the whole lot a repaint and a couple of other modifications to sort...
  10. O

    What is your age?

    Crikey I stopped counting years ago but since I was born in the UK 1943 I guess that makes me 66, yikes when I was in my 20s I thought anyone 66 was over the hill but now I got there I like to think I am still in the valley, except for the bits of titanium in the ticker I feel great.
  11. O

    Weekly Photo Fun 12/4 - 12/10

    No Pictures but by golly you Americans sure know how to put a layout together. Dave.
  12. O

    New member from Downunder

    Hi Matt, thanks for the welcome and the thumbs up on what is going on with the forum. Dave
  13. O

    New member from Downunder

    G'Day to you Josh, thanks for the welcome and will post pics soon. Dave
  14. O

    New member from Downunder

    Ha Ha Rico top secret business that but a hint is because most Aussies have red faces, some because of to much sun, some because of to much booze and some because the blood has run to their heads, kind of proof that we are an upside down mob of folks.
  15. O

    New member from Downunder

    Nice to know Bob and thanks for the welcome, by the way I am from Wellington Point on the South side. Dave
  16. O

    New member from Downunder

    Hi There Crandell and thanks for the welcome, I agree the vast majority of people that like trains are pretty OK.
  17. O

    New member from Downunder

    Hi there Rico never know about Steam in the Bush but checked out the ebay website and was mighty impressed.
  18. O

    New member from Downunder

    Hi There thanks for the welcome will post pictures soon. Dave
  19. O

    New member from Downunder

    Hi Jim and thanks for the warm welcome, will post some pictures soon. Dave
  20. O

    New member from Downunder

    Hello there I am a new member to the forum, my interests encompass all scales of model railways and all nationalities, my previous layouts have been freelance and my latest OO Scale layout is the same, I model for enjoyment and do not worry about what ran where but I do respect what fellow...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top