Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    JMRI and sound

    To add to this, I have seen in the decoder pro how to assign some sounds, i.e. the audiobuffer, audiolistener and audiosource but I cannot see how it would work that you could assign a 'chug' to an engine and have it go faster/slower with the speed of the train. Thanks,
  2. M

    JMRI and sound

    I have been spending some more time and I can't find references to this? Maybe my initial post was a bit ambiguous. I don't want to control an onboard sound decoder with jmri, I want jmri to act like a sound decoder for an engine and output the sounds through the computers speakers, for lack...
  3. M

    Could you check my layout for dcc compatability?

    Hi all, I am new to this and about to order my parts for a N scale layout using kato unitrack. Here is the layout and the arrows point to proposed feeders that will go back to the power supply. the question marks are where I am unsure if I should add more. I believe the kato turnouts...
  4. M

    JMRI and sound

    Ahh, thats good news, my son will be very happy. Can't wait to get the layout going and see how it performs with it :) I have written a few ipad apps and am also keen to integrate with the throttle interface to see what can be done!
  5. M

    JMRI and sound

    Hi guys, I am thinking about playing around with JMRI and was wondering if it supports sound in any fashion? I.e. if controlling the train throught the jmri throttle can sounds be used with the loco, e.g. starting stopping, running etc. I am sure that with some development hooks...
  6. M

    Layout for my son and I.

    Thanks Doug. I had a look at the article you mentioned as well. I went to our local shop and decided to buy some N flexitrack and some carriages and a loco - as cheap as I could get just so I could get an idea about it's scale in my space. A couple of things I noticed. At a...
  7. M

    Layout for my son and I.

    Hi Chip, I have been all over your site already. Thanks you very much, I appreciate people who go to the trouble of putting things down for new guys. I am trying to do similar things on my website for others as well - in other areas. I am off work at the moment and inbetween building a...
  8. M

    Layout for my son and I.

    Hello all, like a lot of boys my son has gone train mad! it started at about 1 1/2 and now he is a little over 3 and it's still going strong. When he was just over two I got a hornby DCC set for us to use together, hoping that it might be a little more entertaining for me as I need to...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top