Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    Few more questions.

    I been thinking and thinking how to make my layout different. Other than coal and grain, what were some other resources being transported on the rails in the 1940's? I was thinking about trees/logging. Was it common for one steam engine to haul freight, then haul passengers in the same day?
  2. J

    Are Digitrax DCC wireless?

    Well how do I connect it to the track, because I know along time ago my DC I had to connect to the track, because they were rail joiners.
  3. J

    Are Digitrax DCC wireless?

    Just wanted to know. Getting the Zephyr starter system.
  4. J

    Just need to be sure(Turnouts).

    Is the Atlas custom #6 Left and Right turnouts 12" long?
  5. J

    Need help with supply list

    A bigger size picture would be nice.
  6. J

    Weekend Photo Fun 10-3

    Very nice pictures. Hopefully soon I can join this thread. :)
  7. J

    Train interrupting parade

    Nice videos as always.
  8. J

    Northeastern Fallen Flags RPM Meet - Oct 11 2008

    Railroad Prototype Modelers
  9. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Thank you, when my family finally seen how serious I was, they all said they support be through it, and most important let me do it. Plus it gives a reason for my nephews and nieces to come over more.
  10. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Bought my track cept for turnouts today, didn't have to buy much since my dad has TONS of HO track. Getting foam sheets tomorrow at home depot Got my plywood and horses Got everything that I want to put down, before scenery Got ballast, and tools. And for the heck of it a landscape kit.
  11. J

    Want to own a 1:1 scale train set???

    With 60 million I could model the whole USA in HO with that kind of money. That's really cool though
  12. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    So you're saying I should invest in a turn table, than a 180 degree turn? I been trying to think of a new track layout every time I can use my computer, can't think of anything interesting.
  13. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Hey guys and gals. Can I get some opinions on my track plan and ways to make it better. I was also thinking about track again. I am just going to go with Atlas 83 or Atlas True track. Which do you think is better? Likewise, I am still puzzled for what I should lay down for grass, dirt, and a town.
  14. J

    Best of both Worlds

    Sweet, love the whole PT thing.
  15. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    My dad is a professional and I remember having a layout as a kid. It never moved. He knows some tricks of the trade.
  16. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Think I'll just put some plywood on horses. NO not real horses.
  17. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    Very nice engine. That's a good starter. I swear the table is the hardest part. Has to be. I mean can you believe IKEA doesn't sell anything for models? You think they would.
  18. J

    Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

    I was going with the small engines anyways. I was looking through some online stores today and in the HO section I noticed a few products I had as a kid. I may look into some old boxes, because I know I had A LOT of track. It's either N scale or HO scale. Hopefully HO. Anyways, I am still...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top