Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. power street service

    Bachmann EZ switch problem

    Thanks to all....I'll try all of the above. I would think for the price that they would work a little better. Also, I don't have them wired yet as my layout is far from done, could this be a problem too? I just manually switch them. I've tried different cars with the same results, but I do hear...
  2. power street service

    Bachmann EZ switch problem

    Hi all, I have a right hand switch that keeps causing cars to derail. I've tried different cars and every once in awhile, they will derail. Nothing seems wrong, but not sure what can be done to it. Yes, it is new and has done it right along. I bought it in an expander pack from Ebay; I wonder if...
  3. power street service

    coupler & switch problem

    Thanks guys for the advice....I need all I can get!!!
  4. power street service

    coupler & switch problem

    As seen in the picture below, a couple of my box cars couplers hit the rails in the middle of the switch tracks. I was going to file some material off, but I wanted to know why it hangs down like that anyhow; will filing some off cause any other problems?? I know I should switch to Kadees and I...
  5. power street service

    Bachmann engine pics

    Hi guys, I took apart a Bachmann diesel engine(motor) a while back and I'm looking for a exploded view. Is this something you guys might have? Not 100% sure of assembly.
  6. power street service

    GP9 prototype; what to use

    Best advice ever given on a forum, thanks, Josh.
  7. power street service

    GP9 prototype; what to use

    One last question...if I buy a DCC equipped engine, will it work with DC also (for now, until I get updated)???
  8. power street service

    GP9 prototype; what to use

    It's funny you say that, if you read my first post, the train was there for the longest time(in Taunton)then it was gone. I've been online and found pics via Wikepedia of the engine now at the G&U yard. We plan on taking a ride to see it again, maybe in a new paint scheme. My son asks at least...
  9. power street service

    my latest pieces

    I just recieved the New Haven trains in the mail from Ebay, and almost finished the Tyco machine shop today. Can't wait to start my layout, Josh. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=vnm4r7&s=4
  10. power street service

    Back to trains after 27 years; with some questions

    I live in Taunton, Ma(which was the sight of a New Haven freight train crash) and was born in Middleboro which had a large train station (see avatar) which handled approx 6 lines at one point. Thanks for all the responses, Josh.
  11. power street service

    GP9 prototype; what to use

    Last year, when my son really started to get into trains, we drove by this Bay Colony GP9 everyday. We stopped on Thanksgiving for some photos, which proved to be a good thing. The train was sold soon after and is now being used by U&G Railroad (thanks Wikepedia!!) I would like to build a...
  12. power street service

    Back to trains after 27 years; with some questions

    I like planes as well. The airport came with some of my deceased brother's train stuff (mostly 027 scale), so I thought it fitting to use.
  13. power street service

    Back to trains after 27 years; with some questions

    For now, I'm doing the Bachmann layout as pictured below with misc buildings with a New England theme. New Haven, Boston & Maine and Conrail trains will be used (approx 1970 vintage). It's for my son also, so I'm not going to get too elaborate on this layout (for now.....) ;) Thanks to all the...
  14. power street service

    Back to trains after 27 years; with some questions

    Thanks for the reply, I figured it might not work. I'm ready to jump feet first into it this time, as I was only 10 when I had trains before. I can't wait to start detailing some of my cars and weathering....looks like alot of fun and the payoff will be great!
  15. power street service

    Back to trains after 27 years; with some questions

    Hi, glad to be a member! I'm back into this after a 27 year hiatus, and now my son can enjoy it with me. I guess I'll start with a basic question....can I change my Bachmann EMD FT shell with another model/brand, or do I have to stick with Bachmann shells only? I'd like to switch to a GP40 or...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top