Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. N

    Need Help, Which Glue?.

    I have purchased some Branchline boxcar kits. I need some advise. Which glue or adhesive is best for attaching the large nuts that are used for weights to the inside floor of the boxcars. I sure would hate for one of them to come loose after I had completed the kit. Many thanks. Gene
  2. N

    Help With Sound For Steam Loco.

    Pards, I am just getting into DCC. I have a Zephyr system coming and temporarily will be running a large oval with one train. I bought a Bachmann Spectrum 2-10-2 that is DCC equipped. After hearing some of the new loco's with sound I sure would like to have it on mine. Could someone out...
  3. N

    Help on DCC layout.

    Thanks Friends, I am going to get an order in for the rest of the track and get this Atlas track up and running for the Christmas holidays, so the kid's can enjoy. I will be working on my permanent track and town set-up for my long term project. Thanks again. Gene
  4. N

    Help on DCC layout.

    Pards, I am starting my first HO layout. I have a Spectrum DCC ready Steam Engine and a set of passenger cars. I am going in the short term to run a small oval track about 24" diameter curves with 6' straights connecting them. I am going to run DCC with a Zephyr control, as I will not be...
  5. N

    ? About Coal and Hopper Cars.

    RR Pards, I am modeling HO Southern Ry Steam era, 1920-1950. I have been taking up so much time on the internet researching railroads, that my wife is about to start limiting my time. I have a new question about coal. I have not been able to find any info about where SOU. got their coal...
  6. N

    Accurail or Yardmaster cars ?

    Pards, I have found two companies which offer both boxcars and hoppers, that will fit my steam engine era. Both Accurail and Branchline in the Yardmaster series have several different Southern Ry cars which are available now. How is the quality on these two brands of cars, and would you...
  7. N

    Correct Era Rolling Stock

    Pards, I am modeling HO scale early 1900's-1940 Steam Era, Southern Railway line. Is there a site where I can learn more about the rolling stock of that era. I would like to put together a line of different freight cars and caboose for my Santa Fe 2-10-2 and would like to be correct in...
  8. N

    More water questions?

    Water Kylewoody, There is a good article in the July 08 issue of Model Railroader magazine called "You, too, can model realistic rapids". The fellow who did the article used an item called "Magic Water", from www.unrealdetails.com. You can check the websight for more details. He...
  9. N

    Need Advice on HO buildings

    I am planning a new HO layout and need some advice on buildings. On researching I have found some that I really like, but do not know the quality of the kits. The Branchline and Walthers kits look very nice and reflect the time period that I am modeling, but others like City Classics seem to...
  10. N

    Ballast Adhesive question

    As a newbie of sorts, I am planning my first HO layout. I have pretty much decided on going DCC with Atlas flex track on Woodland Scenic trackbed. For doing ballast have not decided on mfg. yet. Some ballast are real stone while some are other materials. Would like opinions on which one...
  11. N

    First DCC advice.

    DCC choice Thanks Alcomotive and MTS. There are a lot of good choices out there, but after doing some comparing it seemed that the Zephyr would be just about right for what I am planning for the foreseeable future. Model railroading has completely changed since I ran Lionel's as a teenager...
  12. N

    First DCC advice.

    Fellows, I am getting ready to start my first HO layout. I have a Bachmann 2-10-2 DCC equipped Santa Fe. I am not going big, probably 1 to 2 sheets plywood, and run max of 2 trains. I have pretty much decided on using Atlas Super-flex track and Woodland scenics roadbed. I need advice on...
  13. N

    Loco & Cars question.

    Reply Thanks fellows, I have learned something already. I was planning on putting together a line of freight cars later for the same loco, but I did not know that a passenger train did not have a caboose. I know that some of you fellows are probably thinking that this dufus doesn't know...
  14. N

    Loco & Cars question.

    I posted a line a few days ago and got some good advice about getting started in H O scale, and which Loco's to consider for purchase. I jumped in and today bought a Bachmann Spectrum Engine, USRA Santa Fe class, 2-10-2. Southern Railway line. I wanted to ask if the set of four Bachmann...
  15. N

    Quality H O Steam Locomotive?

    Selector, and friends. No sir, I do not take offense at any of the comments or suggestions made here. I appreciate greatly all the advice you all have given. I do see your point Selector, and it is well taken. I am sadly lacking in Railroad history and although I know some about different...
  16. N

    Quality H O Steam Locomotive?

    Fellows, From a newbie who just joined, a lover of steam trains, and grandfather. I am in my 50's now. Had Lionel trains when I was a boy. Have loved the old steam trains best, but all trains all my life. I am going to jump in and start an H O scale project. I am looking for a steam...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top