Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    OK Free-mo

    Brendan The boxes are for the 6 conductor data wire AKA loconet. They make it so that you don't have wires hanging from the end of your modules and keeps things clean. I am trying to do a better job keeping my wiring organized and neat.
  2. M

    OK Free-mo

    This past Weekend the Oklahoma Free-mo group had their first group setup for the Spring Train Show May 3rd & 4th at the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds here in OKC. We had 5 participants that assisted with setting up, running trains and taking down. There were 8 module sets and it was operated as a...
  3. M

    WPF 4-30 to 5-7

    Made a quick video of my Free-mo module that was setup at the OKC Spring train show this past weekend. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFw-XYrBrf4
  4. M

    Poll: Favorite Time Era for Modelling

    I model 1968, still working on narrowing down the month...:cool:
  5. M

    WPF 4/14 to 4/21

    Thanks guys!!
  6. M

    WPF 4/14 to 4/21

    I think I may have finished adding details. I still need to add some weathering and better figures, but I think i can move on to the next phase of the project.
  7. M

    Ludgren Equipment Company machine shop

    OK I think I will call it done for now on the details, I still need to do something with the figures as they are just stand ins to give the space a sense of purpose.
  8. M

    WPF 4/14 to 4/21

    Alan They are supposed to represent a milling machine/ drill press, lathe and small drill press. I do have a bandsaw and miter saw on the other side of the shop. I just messed around with placement until it looked "right" I also found a few photos online of machine shops and followed the way...
  9. M

    WPF 4/14 to 4/21

    Tony, Thank you.
  10. M

    WPF 4/14 to 4/21

    Close up of the interior of my HO scale Ludgren Equipment machine shop. I am leaving the roll up door open so everyone will be able to see inside. I posted some other shots in the buildings and structures section you can click HERE
  11. M

    Ludgren Equipment Company machine shop

    Lasm: The tracks will be behind the wooden fence with the junk parts in front of it. I am building all my structures on 1/2" pink foam an them securing them to the modules. As for a steady hand, it helps that I am only 33 years old :D I will take a picture of it this weekend sitting in its...
  12. M

    Ludgren Equipment Company machine shop

    One thing I really enjoy doing is adding interior detailing on buildings that will be at or near the edge of a layout. Since this building is on a module and will be viewed from all sides I made sure to pack it full of details. I still have a couple hundred pieces I need to add to the...
  13. M

    Ludgren Equipment Company machine shop

    So i figured that since I hadn't posted since 2010 I figured it was time to post again here on this forum. I have a small diorama I built that conforms to both Free-mo and Route87 standards. I wanted a nice diorama I could put different vehicles on and also have a spot of a freight car or...
  14. M

    RPM Meet Wichita Kansas Nov 6th & 7th 2010

    Just a reminder that the show is next weekend... I hope to see some of you there!!!
  15. M

    RPM Meet Wichita Kansas Nov 6th & 7th 2010

    MCPM 2010 Schedule Saturday 0900 Doors Open 1000-1100 Modeling the Santa Fe Topeka cab Perry Lambert 1100-1200 A Guide to Modeling Concrete Bridges Keith Wilhite 1200-1215 Raffle 1215-1300 Lunch Break 1300-1430 Show and Tell 1430-1530 Weathering Freight Cars with Butch Eyler...
  16. M

    RPM Meet Wichita Kansas Nov 6th & 7th 2010

    Please join us for the second Railroad Prototype Model meet in the Wichita area on Novembe 6th and 7th 2010. This event will be held at the: Benton Lions Community Center 150 S. Main Street Benton, KS 67017 Saturday November 6th 9:00am-5:00pm Sunday November 7th 10:00am-4:00pm This...
  17. M

    Mid-Continent RPM meet Wichita Ks nov 6th & 7th

    Please join us for the second Railroad Prototype Model meet in the Wichita area on Novembe 6th and 7th 2010. This event will be held at the: Benton Lions Community Center 150 S. Main Street Benton, KS 67017 Saturday November 6th 9:00am-5:00pm Sunday November 7th 10:00am-4:00pm This...
  18. M

    Prototype Modelers Meet Wichita Ks Nov 7th & 8th

    We are only two weeks away from the MCPM meet!! If you plan on pre-registering this is the last week to do so as all forms must be in by November 1st! We hope to see you there!!
  19. M

    Prototype Modelers Meet Wichita Ks Nov 7th & 8th

    We are less then a month away from The First Annual Mid-Continent Prototype Modelers Meet in Wichita Kansas November 7th & 8th 2009 As we draw closer to this event we have a few announcements to make: First we are closing pre-registration on Novmeber 1st 2009. Your form and money must...
  20. M

    Thundering steam in Dogtown

    MilesWestern Quit reading my mind it gives me a headache! Seriously, I completely agree with your explanation and would like to add that I really do hate UP..j/k I also think there is a void in the market for West Coast accurate steam in small to medium size. (somthing that although not ideal...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top