Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    Hi Graff; Thanks for your post. I hope to continue but the response so far is discouraging. I have what I believe to be a superior product and I intend to offer it at a fraction of what seems to be acceptable to many, I just can't seem to get any exposure. I've had several here say they're...
  2. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    You're absolutely right, an Arduino is little more than an Atmel device already mounted on a circuit board with a few peripherals of their choice. I assume you program in C. I started way back in the days of the 1802, 8080, 4004, etc., but Atmel is my favorite of all. I program in assembly...
  3. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    Good morning Toots; It's so nice to wake up in the morning to find still more nit-picking nonsense from you, it just ensures that anything that happens today is bound to be much better. Oh well, you're much too smart for me, I may as well confess: My real name is Bernie Madoff and I'm here...
  4. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    Hi Toots; I really appreciate your having gone that extra mile in contacting the club down in Indy. I've sent them several emails and they never responded, then the emails started bouncing. This is the first I've heard that they even built it. On the other hand, I find the degree of...
  5. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    Hi GenSet; I'm sorry to have gotten off to a bad start with you. I have no doubt you have experience in model railroading and in hobby electronics. I don't have a layout, but that doesn't mean I have no experience. I grew up real close to railroad tracks in several places. Back in the early...
  6. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    Hi Toots (Isn’t that what Tutankhamun’s friends called him? I’m sorry that I didn’t pick up on an earlier reference to my having publicly shown the Crossing Gate project, and still haven’t found it. Yes, it’s real and it’s still working, but hasn’t been tested in a real layout. That’s my...
  7. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    Hi, and thanks for your honestly. That goes a long way towards explaining the hostility from another poster, and possibly why my posts don't seem to get approved now. With this kind of policy nothing new has a chance. Rich
  8. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    Hi Genset; Let's take this all in order..... "Untested". I've tested them myself quite thoroughly and my partner in this venture has had them in his layout for some time now. I've heard back informally that the dozen that I gave out all worked, but none gave me any kind of review. I don't...
  9. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    Hi guys; Sorry to be so slow in responding, I understand where you're coming from and I agree with you to an extent. However, I tried to convey that “I’ve completed an RR Crossing Flasher” and “I have working models that're still un-tested” in the second paragraph of my initial posting...
  10. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    H. Crandell and thanks for commiserating with me. Actually, it gets even worse. In two instances daddy brought his kids to the show. There was only one or two booths with anything actually happening, other than mine. I'm sure the little guys were interested in seeing the little train...
  11. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    Another interested party made a similar inquiry on my web-page and I gave him some performance details. I don't think anyone is interested in theory or numbers. As to how it works, there's an infrared LED shining a narrow beam of light into a photo-transistor. The transistor conducts heavily...
  12. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    Hi jwb; Great idea! Just google railroadmicro I just tried it and most of the hits are mine! That's almost as much fun as doing a patent search on my name.... Rich
  13. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    Hi; I'm brand new here and have no idea how and where to post this, I'd appreciate a little help..... I'm a retired engineer and just for the fun of it I've developed several applications for the model railroaders. All my designs involve micro- processors. I’ve completed an RR Crossing...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top