ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
B
What kind of car is this, and what is it used for. Saw a whole train load of them empty one night and had never seen them before.
B
-
B
Yeah, after posting this I've been thinking through some things. In order to get the lower yard 6" below the top level, the upper level will rise by 2" and the lower descend by 4. Also gonna move the switchpoints to the aisle side instead of on the back wall... don't know what I was thinking...
-
B
Thanks for the feedback. I'll for sure adjust the smaller yard, as the larger yard on the left side is under the table and solely a storage area, approx 6 inches below the main level. Will probably add some industries in (would 4 industrial "areas") be too few? There's some cool scenery areas...
-
B
So I'm in the process of moving my train shed from the small 12x10 building to a larger 10x25 and 13x7 L-shaped area in a larger shed (341 square feet). Still several months before construction begins, but want to see if I'm using the most of my space.
Preferences.
Scale - HO
Minimum...
-
B
As I am redoing my plans for the train room, I will be going to a 2 level setup, with staging yards and the climb/descent between levels will be in a seperate room.
My wonder is should I put a helix in one side of the staging room, or go around the room for the 10" rise. In order to do the...
-
B
Also, sometimes Xtracad (esp. with Bachman) doesn't allow for what you can do in the real world. Often the tolerances are set to tight. I never got mine to look/act right in the program, but sure enough the trains were going and I was doing what I wanted.
-
B
North Texas Free-Mo had a meet this past weekend in Keller. Group started just 18 months ago, and this was the largest setup yet. More than 200 feet of mainline, some awesome modeling, both scenic and vehicles. My contribution... the pics. Thanks to Foster Brennen, Jacob Damron, Ryan Harris, and...
-
B
I had some of the same issues with some Blue Box Gondolas, to test that they were indeed too light, I just added a couple of old keys to it, viola... problem solved.... now to get some real weights and hide them with some loads....
-
B
Ichabod in the Bible
Before Saul became the first King of Israel, it was a true theocracy, and the ark of the covenant was God's resting place in the temple. In one of the battles with the Philistines (think Gaza strip in modern terms) the ark was captured due to carelessness. The name...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)