Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Thanks guys, Those scrub palmettos would look great on the layout and wouldnt mind some for my garden too!:) Mal
  2. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Thanks guys, I must check out that palmetto scrub.
  3. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Hi, I've now finished adding static grass to the layout by giving the staging track an 'overgrown' look. I am pleased with the results and can certainly recommend the Noch Grassmaster regards, Mal
  4. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Thanks Greg Yesterday, I added more static grass to the beer distributor spur to give it an overgrown, disused look. Today a delivery of beer has arrived:) cheers, Mal
  5. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Hi, With the new 'greenery'added to the layout, I've made a new video showing a few railfan style run-bys. The results of the static grass application can also be clearly seen. Here is the link http://youtu.be/rdzkPntxK-8 Enjoy, Mal
  6. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Hi, For the second year running Santa Claus failed to deliver an Atlas Gold CSX Dash 8-40B:( However, I did receive a Noch Grassmaster static grass applicator.:) Now, I've always thought they were too expensive and I couldn't justify one for my small layouts but I'd take the plunge and...
  7. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Thanks Tolga, your comments are much appreciated. Your videos provide me with great modelling inspiration.
  8. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Thanks Josh. The original track plan had a team track which provided a great excuse to run all different types of cars. However, I felt I would really like to use the track for another small industry. Searching around I found a couple of plastic pellet transloading facilities at Deland, FL and...
  9. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Hi, A few more pics. Enjoy, Mal
  10. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Hi, The layout sits neatly on some furniture units from IKEA (see previous pic ) Very conveniently, the unit at the right hand end has some drawers which are perfect for exchanging and storing stock. Normal operation sees a loco and 3 cars staged, partially hidden by the non-rail served...
  11. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Thanks Josh. Having posted a few pics of the completed layout, I thought I'd go back to the beginning of the story. A couple of years ago, whilst searching for a new project, I stumbled upon Lance Mindheim's 'East Rail' layout and was immediately inspired by the look and concept which was so...
  12. A

    Hi from a newbie in the UK

    Thanks. Here's link to a little Xmas video featuring my layout. Hope you like it http://youtu.be/rBbUqZ77z-Y Mal
  13. A

    Hi from a newbie in the UK

    Thanks James, Seems there are a quite few Brits on this forum. Seasons Greetings to you and all.
  14. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Hi, Here's a pic from my new layout. I've also started a thread in the 'HO Scale' forum 'CSX Palmetto Spur' where I will give more details regards, Mal
  15. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Thanks I'll post more details of the layout later. Meantime, Season Greetings to all.
  16. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Thanks Rico. Here are a few more pics regards, Mal
  17. A

    Hi from a newbie in the UK

    Thanks Rico. Your comments are much appreciated. Mal
  18. A

    Hi from a newbie in the UK

    Hi, I'm a big fan of Lance Mindheim's work and Modern Era HO modelling. I've recently built a version of Lance's 'Palmetto Spur' which was featured in his book 'How to build a small switching layout' I've started a thread in the 'HO Scale' forum entitled 'CSX Palmetto Spur' in which I will...
  19. A

    CSX Palmetto Spur

    Hi from a new member in the UK. To intoduce myself, I thought I'd share a few pics of my recently completed small HO switching layout based on Lance Mindheim's 'Palmetto Spur' which featured in his book 'How to build a small switching layout' I've also made a few videos of the layout which...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top