Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. T

    Cherry Creek Hobbies

    Only very few N scale products, and it seems that he is trying to sell it off quickly, although they do carry the woodland scenics materials, but no kits or track that I could see. I may be wrong and I will look further into it. Like I said, good prices.
  2. T

    Union Pacific Age Discrimination!

    :)Thanks Selector and the rest, I appreciate the backup, I really am not that disappointed and was kind of kidding, but it is good to know that there are laws out there to protect us from this sort of thing.
  3. T

    Union Pacific Age Discrimination!

    :D Hey I applied to work for the UP as a train crew member, and they turned me down becuase I am too old! How can you be to old to work on the railroad??? Im only 42. All the pictures always show an old engineer with a beard! Thats Me! Wheres my lawyers phone number?
  4. T

    European Photo Fun (March 05- )

    ;)I think I have seen that scene with the old Citroen automobile on the side of the tracks here locally, there is an old Citroen auto sitting in a field by the tracks here in the Central Valley between Madera and Fresno off of Hwy 99. Maybe it's the same car???
  5. T

    Cherry Creek Hobbies

    :confused:Great prices, but no N scale stuff...whats up? I want to buy from them, but nothing for me to buy...scenery I guess. Why is N scale still the red headed step child? No offense to any red headed step children out there, or Ginger Kids to be PC.
  6. T

    Aging Solutions by Model Tech Studios

    Mmmmm...90% Alchohol and Ink. Do I need a license to serve that?
  7. T

    A compliment to all.

    DITTO! I have gotten a response to almost every question, and even baught some things since joining...two weeks ago!
  8. T

    Aging Solutions by Model Tech Studios

    As usual, Thanks Jim! I will look into getting some of it.
  9. T

    Is your layout too big?

    Stuck in the garage, and afraid to go to big till I find a room for it. Then I will go crazy!
  10. T

    Wooden Structures Rule!

    Thanks for the tip, I actually do need a mine or industry on my layout. Blair Line seems like a good group. Thanks.
  11. T

    Aging Solutions by Model Tech Studios

    Has anyone used these? Are they worth it. Aging Solutions by Model Tech Studios, They sell a kit with the wood greying, aging/detail and rusting solutions. Just curious, looking to add a little aging to my kits. I know Alchohol and Ink work also. Thanks.
  12. T

    Wooden Structures Rule!

    Wooden Kits I really do get a lot of satisfaction out of these building these kits, and I need to get to work on all the metal details. The Bar Mills stuff is great, but I wish they would put out some of their bigger kits in N scale. I am going to build Majestic hardwre next, and I am...
  13. T

    Wooden Structures Rule!

    Great Work! Wood Kits Rule even more. :cool:Yes, I do hope to someday to have a nice little workshop. Great work and detail. I appreciate the motivation. I especially like the vice and work area inside, plus Wood Kits Rule! the lean to under construction is really cool.. Thanks again.
  14. T

    Wooden Structures Rule!

    Craftsman kits Thanks. The Bar Mills Stuff is really nice to put together. I actually just found a McCabes Engine Service Facility from Republic Locomotive Works, it was part of the McCabes logging set, who I think is B.T.S. now, in N scale, it is quite a few years old and it has some board by...
  15. T

    Wooden Structures Rule!

    Wood Kits Rule! part 2 Sorry guys, I feel like showing off my work today. THese still need the metal details, but I love my wood kits.
  16. T

    Wooden Structures Rule!

    Wood kits Rule! Thanks, I wish there were more detailing items though like door hinges and knobs, etc. The kits come with great white metal details like barrels and junk, I just have not added them yet. The truck is by Classic Metal Works, and these little vehicles really set off a scene...
  17. T

    Wooden Structures Rule!

    Here is a picture of a Bar Mills Kit that I put together. I am pretty proud of the tin roof. Even in N scale you can get some great results.
  18. T

    Building a town

    Built vs. built up Well guys, I gotta tell ya, I used to build the plastic kits and I never really liked the look or job I did on them. So I started dabbling with the built ups. Something was missing, then it dawned on me...I love building the models. I discovered the wooden crafstman kits...
  19. T

    Paints

    You can never have enough paint The one thing I never have is the right color paint for my projects, and I have to settle for what I have. A lot of my kits are all variations of just a few colors I have had. It's the last thing I think to get when I go to the not so LHS. It would be great to...
  20. T

    Old dog...new tricks...

    Stuck in N scale :)My Grandfather started me out in N scale, so I have been with it for years, although if I had it to do over, there is so much great stuff for HO, especially the craftsmen kits, and details. I do love my N though...long trains, and little people..good times...plus it's easier...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top