ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
R
So for the past century, for the most part, Lionel has made some of the most high-quality model railroading locomotives and accessories (aside from the 70's and 80's that is). They make amazing steam and diesel locomotives of yesterday and also a lot of great freight sets of today. But still...
-
R
New Acela for 2012!
So now it looks like they are bringing this thing back but without 2 of the cars the original complete set has. The 2005/2006 Acela set had the two loco's, one 1st class, and two Business Class cars which could be combined with the expansion set that includes the cafe car...
-
R
Yes
Oh yes please! email me the info:
[email protected]
-
R
oh yes please. email me!
[email protected]
-
R
I'm still looking for a cheaper one though. 2500 should include the extra three cars
-
R
Now, I will probably get the Super Chief first. What is the best one they offer? WOuld it be the 2007 F-7 ABA set with the 4-pac of cars?
-
R
why yes! However, I would hope to pay that much for the loco's with 6 cars as opposed to 3 but this is the best possibility I have seen since Christmas, thanks!
-
R
Does anyone know where I can find one? Anyone wanna sell me theirs? They have disappeared from ebay since Christamas
-
R
So if I get the Lionel Southern Pacific Daylight GS-2 TMCC< what would be the most realistic cars to get for it?
-
R
I still am leaning towards the acela but it has issue is electrification. As far as I know it is one if not the only Lionel train that can use power from an overhead cantonary. My problem is that Lionel does not make these...I don't know if they even exist for O gauge.
-
R
Ya I mean I'm definately stuck between Lionel and HO (i.e.: Bachman and Marklin). I mean, HO has a MUCH greater diversity of locomotives and rolling stock....especially with modern trains. They are cheaper and smaller so you can have more of them on one layout. But small is good and bad. They...
-
R
i certainly hope so. what do you think about my thoughts on the other gauges tho?
-
R
So is Lionel a bad bet for the long run?
-
R
Where I am at
So here is the deal, I have received the Standard Guage Hiawathaand am very excited, it is a beautiful train. So I will probably store it until I move into a house where I can fully build a display long enough for it! It is simply a monster!
So I am still stuck in that old...
-
R
My only other question is whether I should get the Acela now because they probably will not make it again and wait for them to release better versions of the Southern Pacific Daylight
-
R
Do you know if Lionel offers the proper cars?
-
R
Valid
I really think both of you have valid points. The Acela is an odd one out for Lionel in that aside from a few other Amtrak products, its really the one and only high-speed train from Lionel. I don't know if this will change in the future. The thing that attracts me to the Acela is I...
-
R
Very Expensive
I would, believe me, but they are both VERY expensive. With cars, they are almost $2000 a each. Here is my reasoning for each being they are beautiful and I personally have liked both since I was a little kid. The thing that is pushing me a bit towards the SP because I think it...
-
R
So after selling all of my lGB trains and accessories, and after some saving up, I have a choice to make. I want to buy a high-quality lionel train and I cannot decide. I can only get one right now so here is what I'm choosing between:
1) Lionel Amtrak Acela
2) Lionel Southern Pacific...
-
R
Ya, I'll keep the Hiawatha on display...Ill just do what my grandfather would do and chisel track lines on the wood so there is less chance of it sliding off. The Hiawatha is a beauty...especially because it is metal and in Standard guage...If my memory serves me, Lionel hasnt made standard...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)