Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. N

    installing decoder in mantua 2-8-0 camelback

    I am attempting to install a decoder in a mantua camelback 2-8-0, anyone with experiance in doing so please chime in and give me some pointers this is my first decoder installation and I dont want to burn it out. I am very unsure of whether or not I figured out how to isolate the motor from the...
  2. N

    trouble with old tyco mantua gp-20

    I just got my hands on an old tyco mantua gp-20 with the blue and yellow santa fe paint scheme, the engine was never run that much, I could tell by the wheels. I was considering putting a decoder in it, so before I made any modifications, I tested it to see how it ran analog. When powered the...
  3. N

    more N scale cars at WALMART

    when you say 99 cent? do they have trains that will run on an n scale track? Or are you only reffering to items that could be used as prop accsesories?
  4. N

    power loss from remote switch

    do you have a link to inmfo on building this?
  5. N

    How many transformers

    if your getting a blinking light it means you are reaching the transformers limit and you should probably get something a little more powerful. . 80 to 120 watts should be sufficient for running a string of trains, even with lighted passeneger cars. Now if you start to connect swicthes and...
  6. N

    joining modules

    could someone tell me if there is a standard of where the mainline should run on a module for connection to others? Is there a standard size? I want to start an ho layout and the size of my apartment is limiting but I will be moving at the end of the year, so I figured I could start on a module...
  7. N

    power loss from remote switch

    I am an o scale guy but recently started designing a small n scale layout. I hooked up my remote switches and have everything running off of the same transformer. When I hit the switch I get momentary power loss to the running engine. Is it common practice to power remore switches on a seperate...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top