Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    I have to say that I am hooked on Atlas locos

    Just felt like posting tonight about how much I love my Atlas master silver series locos. I have zero complaints. They are so smooth,quiet and very well detailed. I am really impressed with the performance and pulling power of these locos.
  2. D

    Filling in styrene seams

    seams I have got to say that I am VERY happy with using styrene (.030) for my roads. I used latex caulk for the seams and it worked great. I am getting to the point were I am almost done laying the road and getting it ready for paint. I am still trying to decide how to paint it. After looking...
  3. D

    Filling in styrene seams

    styrene I thought about S. Green, but man is that stuff a bear to sand(if you don't spread it thin) I used that for model car building and I found out the hard way that if it is too thick you will be sanding ALOT. Thanks for the tip.
  4. D

    Filling in styrene seams

    styrene It will be concrete and I am leaving the joints alone that give it that concrete expansion joint look,I just have a few seams in places that do not look right and I want to hide them. I am thinking some type of auto body filler or maybe a good caulk might do the trick. Any ideas?
  5. D

    Filling in styrene seams

    I am gluing down my roadway using .030 styrene and I have a few seams that I would like to fill in. Any good ideas on doing this? I have several in mind but would like to save myself some time and do it right the first time. The seams are level with each other I just want to make them dissapear...
  6. D

    I changed over to styrene for my roads,help

    I started with sandpaper not really happy with it. I got .030 styrene and roughed it in tonight so far I love it. Before I go to far I need ideas on good ways to secure it to foam,painting it to look like western/desert concrete and other detail ideas. The thing that I lucked out on is that I...
  7. D

    Does anyone know if Hobby Lobby sells thin styrene sheets

    I have been there a few times but I was in a hurry and could not find it and I asked several employees and they had no idea what I was looking for.Never heard of that item.
  8. D

    Looking for ideas on making scrap metal/junk piles

    Any ideas? I have a scene on my layout that needs scrap junk piles. Metal,wood,trash etc. Thanks.
  9. D

    2 good finds at Hobby Lobby

    First for airbrushing. I just got a new airbrush so I went there looking for some paints. Anyway as I was looking, and they were kind of hidden, I found a 6 pack of plastic 1 ounce bottles with the metal airbrush tube/cap that slides right into any standard airbrush. It was only 5.99. They come...
  10. D

    Started laying down roadways tonight,question

    roadway Thanks for the advice. I did all that except for going to Dollar Tree. I bought the 3m brand from Autozone.I went to Lowes,Menards,Ace looking for 400 grit. Autozone was the only place that had it. Never thought that Dollar Tree had sandpaper. Thanks for the tip.
  11. D

    Started laying down roadways tonight,question

    After several months of deciding what I was going to use for making my roadways I went with 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper. Love the look and by taking a foam brush and brushing it longways it adds that faded blacktop look. Here is my question,what do you use to hold it down. I started with white...
  12. D

    Waterbase model paints, are there any?

    Looking for wb paints that I can use with my airbrush for weathering and detailing. Thanks!
  13. D

    Atlas HO silver series loco,I want sound

    I have a new Atlas master silver series modern day loco. I am running DC as of right now not DCC. I would like it to have sound. What do I need,how much can I expect to pay to give it sound in DC mode? Thanks
  14. D

    Ideas for roadside guardrails HO scale (help)

    I am looking for any ideas on making highway type guardrails. I have a stretch of road that runs close to a stretch of track the needs to have some sort of guardrail between them. Any ideas? Thanks!
  15. D

    My first Atlas Master Silver series loco, WOW

    loco Thanks to you as well. I got this loco from Josh and to let everyone know it was a GREAT transaction, super fast shipping and a better then described loco. I know that this is not the Bay but I just wanted to let you guys know that if you ever decide to buy something from Josh you will not...
  16. D

    Atlas Master Silver series sound question

    sound Sorry to have to ask but where do I get them and how do I install them? Me and electronics are not the best mix. Thanks
  17. D

    Atlas Master Silver series sound question

    I just got an Atlas S.S. loco. As of right now I run dc I will down the road go to dcc but for now dc is what I have. I seen that you can get Atlas Gold series locos with sound that works in dc mode as well as dcc mode. My question is,can I put sound in my silver series loco and have it work in...
  18. D

    My first Atlas Master Silver series loco, WOW

    I got it the other day, it is a Dash 8-40bw BNSF. I could not believe how smooth this loco runs. The detail is amazing. I had it on momentum,mid speed and so on and it was as smooth as smooth can be. I am VERY pleased. I have had a hard time running some of my other locos since I got this one...
  19. D

    Wheel cleaning tip works great!

    In this months issue of M.RR there is a tip on cleaning your wheels on your locos by putting Whal clipper oil (electric hair clippers oil) on a paper shop towel(the thicker paper towels you get at auto parts stores) put it on the track and put one set of trucks on the oil paper towel mixture and...
  20. D

    its PINK!!! Why is it PINK????!!!!

    pink I have to agree with CSX road slug but I will go one step further in saying that not just the building should be modeled but that whole picture. I have been looking to model something different on my new layout and that would be just great. I kid you not I am going to go on the bay tonight...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top