ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
OK --Here are two I forgot --They Prove I really cut up the SAME Hudson I showed you! Also some of a 49 Merc ragtop about to get rustcancer !!
-
Showing A bit more of the motor for the Packard.
Also a fuzzy picture of another watch gear used as a ring gear in a dissasembled early ford type differential.
Dave
-
Ok --- now the Rich B^&*$S Packard is in the junk yard and has given it's front end to a Packard pick up, but has gained a motor in the deal . The motor is scratched of brass and is a V12 , copied fairly close to a real V12 . Needs painted still.
The timing gears most likely don't jive but I had...
-
OK here is "Packard meets can opener". There is even a Prototype for this!! This car is a BUICK but the injury is about the same. The Buick most likely got fixed but MY Packard belonged to a VERY RICH crotchey old crone who would NOT be caugt dead in a REPAIRED car--so off to the junk yard for...
-
Here is proof of the Packard truck. Also a picture of the kind of Packard I used part of to build the pick up and the one that ran into the can opener. I also used another 40 ford hot wheels beast in the Packard pick up --along with front fenders from a 35 Ford! Thats right --- in my delusions ...
-
Perhaps with Paint?? :o
Good eye there Mike --- No ----the one I made the Hudson from was green to start with , the sparkely Blue one is one just like it -- I did not think of needing one for comparison till after the Hudson was done.
Just for catching that here is another Hudson --this one...
-
Yes Mike --1/64 which is hot wheels size --In fact this WAS a hot wheels.
I learned long ago to look at everything to see not what it is -- but what COULD it be, which I think every modeler does --even if he is unaware thats what is going on. The radiator in one of these pictures is the ribbed...
-
Getting ever closer to complete salvage yard condition.
Dave
-
More pics of the process of transforming the 40 Ford Pu into a junk Hudson.
-
Well Mike , I guess I will show you more of the junk I treasure.:rolleyes:
I had this hot wheels thing they called a 40 Ford pickup--- looked more to me like it should be a Hudson pickup -- see if you see it that way too.
First step was to get a grill more like a Hudson in . With a door gone...
-
Very nice work , ALL of it! Hope you will show us more of what you do.
Thanks, Dave
-
-
Dave --- Tree farmer ?? Hmmm ? :rolleyes: You grow BASSWOOD? Perhaps I could make you a Kit after I get moved and set up IF you got a bunch of Bass trees :confused: or was the fishing pole idea to Catch Bass -- the squiggly kind?
Dave
-
Thanks for the thought but the amount of weight one could add that way is not enough. I think perhaps when I do get a place to run them ,that to PUSH them back in FRONT of an engine might work if there is no other type of car in the string.
Dave
-
Thats a good idea --that way you can tear your own hair out rather than asking for help with it!:rolleyes:
-
The lesson I learned was NOT to build 24 of ANYTHING at once! I should have learned that when I built 4 brass Climax enginnes at the same time -- repetition is awful!
This fiasco came about as I was building an MDC skelton log car, they are cast metal , that is grained to look like wood. I...
-
Yeah , I 'm thinking I might have turned the pump bases on the unimat --- been a while since I built that model -- about 8 years or so.
I never make notes or take pictures of progress --- not till I got hooked up with Railroad forums that is!
What the Rubber legs are for is to make legs on...
-
Gary, I guess I better show a LOT more if I want to live down the handle I picked! Not being a fan of the Family guy -- ( NEVER having watched actually --I lean more to South Park) I had no concept of the impression I might have given :confused:
Dave
-
My son lived in Fraser for a time, actually our address is in Tabernash , none of the towns around there are much bigger than a teacup.
Demographics changed ?? You mean there did not used to be so many wingnuts -- I know---- but they are everywhere these days -- we got some real rich...
-
Till she drags you out kicking and screaming!!:eek:
I am moving there because I QUIT working!! My son and I bought a house there , he has lived there for several years and has hounded me to retire since I turned 65 --- 6 years ago! On the other hand I Will be helping my son raise my 4 year...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)