ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
D
Looks good, the only problem I can see if you are running trains counter clockwise, you can back into industry 1 to unload but going into industry 2, you will be have the locomotive in first, really hard to unload! You might think about reversing one or the other.
Enjoy your new layout
Dean
-
D
Thanks guys for the comments. Do not want to date myself but the last time I took a movie it was with the ultimate camera the "Super 8".
Boy have things changed since then!!!!
Dean
-
D
I got a new Handycan(Sony dcr-sx85) and tried to make a movie for the first time! Let me know what you think.
Enjoy, I hope
Dean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnX0ZrKqVNI&feature=youtu.be
-
D
Why is it that some cars sound like they have square wheels on them?
I walk along side of a major North-South route of Burlington Northern and you can here cars coming from along way off by the clankings of their wheels. I thought at first it was joints in the track but it it only happens
on...
-
D
Thanks a lot , I am going to try this and see what hapens
Got E-mail back from TCS with a big "not our problem must be Atlas!"
Dean
-
D
Thanks for the information folks. Tried everything suggested, no luck.
Sent an e-mail in to TSP.
Hope they have got an answer. I will let you know if there is a cure!
Thanks again for the great response.
Dean
-
D
Changed over to DCC on my layout and am having problems with 4 of the 5 locomotives. They worked fine on DC and was very quiet. Now they still work great but they have have a horrific whining noise coming from them.
I have trid to lube them, no different. Taken them apart several times, still...
-
D
Thanks everyone, Great ideas. Now I just trying to figure out if the expense is worth it!
Thanks again
Dean
-
D
I recently changed over to DCC on my layout and would like to install a amp meter on it to watch for total amps being pulled and also watch for any problems of motors dragging. Question is where would be the best place to install it, before the command unit or after?
This is on a MRC DCC unit...
-
D
Another reason might be what I seen the other day. Amtrak was pulling into a station but had a Burlington Northern pulling it. I guess the Amtrak had a malfunction. It was quite a sight and I did not have a camera!!!
-
D
Gary, Yes I have been over there. I saw it when it was first started, it must have been 20 years or so, and was there a couple of weeks ago again.
They have really done alot in a short period of time.
Seems to be a great group of guys there too. Even though it is a great layout I am into...
-
D
Steve, I live on the Yelm Hwy by the search an rescue station.
Been here over 30 years now. Which hobby shop did you have? There
has so many come and gone it is hard for me to keep track of them.
Some time when you are going to be in the neighberhood stop in
Dean
9020 Yelm Hwy SE
-
D
Steve, Welcome aboard, Where in Washington State are you
calling home?
Dean
from Olympia
-
D
If you live by Homedepot or any hardware store, try getting a gallon of
Beadex all purpose joint compound.
This is use to install and finish sheet rock.It works great but do not put it on too thick because it will crack when it dries! they also make it in a dry mix that you add water and you...
-
D
Kevin, Welcome to Washington State. Being it is a really big state, where
do you call home? I am in Olympia
Dean
-
D
Thanks for the invite Bob. My layout is stickly what I feel like modeling
at the time I am modeling if that makes since!
At one end I have a large Coal mine at the other end will be a round house. In between will be a large sawmill and town train station and what ever pops into my head. My...
-
D
Stumbled onto this site the other day and it appealed to me so I signed up. Been model railroading for around 20 years but but took a break but now I am back. I model "N" scale and can not believe the amout of interest the hobby has gained. I am now working on a 32" by 16' layout so will be...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)