Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    Getting Started--how?

    Been doing more reading between finishing up house stuff. I'm kind of thinking maybe I should look at building a small switching layout or something that could be expanded on either side down the road. I'd like to be able to run the longer modern cars and the radius requirements for those...
  2. M

    Getting Started--how?

    To answer some of the questions: I do envision taking up to a 10x21 part of that space. At one time we talked about me taking the whole space for a woodworking shop but I decided I didn't want to tie it all up like that or deal with the noise and dust in the house. The other 1/2 will be work...
  3. M

    Getting Started--how?

    We're rapidly moving along moving into a new house. I've been a pretty serious hobby woodworker for the last 14 years and am giving up that hobby since we moved from 10 acres with large pole barn to 1/3 with a shed. Doing remodeling has been a hobby over the years too, but this house we've...
  4. M

    Model Train Shows

    There's one at the Monroe County Fairgrounds in October. Don't know anything about it since I'm a newbie but it's listed on the Monroe County Fair site.
  5. M

    B&O coaling tower still standing in Akron Ohio

    There's one just north of Marion, OH just west of US-23 as well. https://www.google.com/maps/@40.645446,-83.1044358,112m/data=!3m1!1e3
  6. M

    Unconventional mortgage?

    Just went through buying and selling myself. We did a conventional loan as did our buyers and that's exactly how it works. As soon as all contingencies other than the financing contingency were removed both houses got changed to "contingent" status in the MLS and both houses got "Sale...
  7. M

    Newbie in SE MI

    Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully maybe get some pointers on some good getting started info. My name is Matt and I'm from extreme SE Michigan--currently a very small town named Ida, but about to move into Monroe. I'm in my early 40's, married with a pre-teen daughter, and...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top