ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
S
Part of my brain wants to reflect Canadian influence in the motive power. The CN was involved with the Central Vermont railroad. Perhaps some CP involvement could be reflected in paint schemes, The CP could view my railroad as competition with CN's Central Vermont with a few better connections...
-
S
One of the determining factors for shrinking the size, other than other things vying for the space , was the cost and labor factor. I have the new house to work on and I'm trying to work on my ol shortbed truck so I didn't want this railroad project to bog me down. This is meant to be an...
-
S
Morning everyone. Enjoy the day with family and friends.
-
S
Morning all! Any chance of getting some eggs and corned beef hash with this here coffee? Heading off to Lowes for some painting materials and such. I'm gonna price out the lumber for the layout while I'm there. I love spending money in my head that I don't have in my wallet!!
-
S
Ok, I had to shrink the layout down a bit due to the fact that there are other things going on in the basement that are fighting for space (ain't that always the way). I'll clue you guys into what I'm going for here. It's a what if scenario. Basically taking the line that runs through Conneticut...
-
S
Morning everyone! First day of 11 days of vacation!!!!! Might get that basement space cleared out this next week. I will have to go slow with the benchwork because of funds but that's ok because my track plan is changing slightly.
-
S
It will just be me running the whole layout for the most part. It's gonna be double decked and my wife can't see over what the top deck height will be ( somewhat intentional)so as of now DCC isn't the priority. I about spit coffee everywhere when I decided to get back into it and looked at the...
-
S
Those Athearn RTR locomotives, are they like what used to come from Athearn before all the DCC stuff? I've been out of the loop for about 10 years and for now would just like to get locos the way I used to since I won't have DCC for a while.
-
S
And to think I wanted to move to Montana at one point.
-
S
But but but I had to use a scrapper
-
S
Mornin all! I had frost on my truck windows this morning, can you believe it? The agony of living in South Carolina. Only getting into the 50's today. Last night my step son and I cleaned out some more in the "designated train area", making progress. Still tweeking my layout ideas.
-
S
It was always something I had to be in the mood for.
-
S
Looks fantastic! I love the light poles. One suggestion I have is the rail, I believe I used Rail Brown with a brush and painted the isle facing rails. It's a pain in the butt unless you have patience but it really shrinks down that bright rail look. You could always do sections at a time, like...
-
S
I will look into that, thanks.
-
S
Good morning everyone. Cold here in SC this morning but the freezing precipitation went north of us so its just Brrrr outside and not Brrrr slip BOOM! My yard slopes down towards the back so freezing rain means we ain't getting out of the driveway.
-
S
I've been running things around in the old noggin. Thinking of going smaller at first, just 12x17, with the track plan and benchwork set up for easy expansion. I may even build the benchwork modularly so as to be able to get working on some of it quickly while leaving it easy to move if I need...
-
S
Morning fellas. Is there any Central Vermont folks in our midst? I had a few questions from when I worked on the New England Central.
-
S
Good morning. Cold here in SC, 31 degrees. One of our dogs thought it would be a good morning to walk the yard smelling every leaf first thing, BBRRRRRRR!! Hot coffee cures that though. Still rolling track plans around in the old noggin. It's probably a good thing the basement isn't ready for...
-
S
Good morning everyone. Not bad weather wise here. Gonna get cold this weekend, highs in the low 40's. Told the wife we're gonna make chili in the crock pot, serve it in bread bowls covered in cheese and Netflix it this weekend. My stomach loves this time of year!
-
S
It would be nice to chat with folks who worked the job. I was injured, Blew my knee out getting off a locomotive. Miss being in the seat every day!
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)