ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Thanks Alan, I think I picked a couple cars as Guinea Pigs for my weathering, admittedly the plan wasn't to make them quite that abused, but more weathering is a good way to cover up mistakes! But I I'm picking up some things I hope will help me be more subtle on the next couple. Anyway, tried...
-
Not offended at all because sadly I am not at the level where I can paint my own Graffiti on, maybe someday hahaha. These were some decals that I picked up at my local train shop and figured they would enhance the look of some of my cars. It was about $6 for 8 decals. I cant remember the brand...
-
Been traveling for work the past few weeks so haven't been on here much admittedly. Still tinkering with the layout planning, but no breakthroughs yet.
On another note I continue to try my hand at weathering some of my rolling stock. Got started on a couple of my Athearn Bluebox centerflow...
-
For the Gondola:
1) Started by priming the inside of the car with grey primer spray.
2) Applied a clear dull coat to the exterior of the car.
3) Added a layer of black wash to the car to make it look a little dirty.
4) Painted the inside of the gondola a dark grey
5) went over the dark grey...
-
One of the my Athearn Locos is DCC ready and it has a board that look like this. Just take the shell of the locomotive off and you should be able to tell.
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but it should support but 8 and 9 pin DCC adapters (though im not sure if this depends on how old the unit...
-
Well, still getting settled into the house and decided to try my hand at weathering some of the rolling stock I've had sitting around for a long while. They were just a couple of cheap cars that came with a Bachman starter set I got years ago. Figured I wouldn't lose any sleep if I messed them...
-
Haha, figured I might have got a tad overzealous with the yard
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Just posted my plan thus far in another thread for some thoughts and opinions. Im certain it isnt the final draft, but I hope its a good starting point.
Here it is
also love how "nook" was auto added as a hyperlink to the Barnes & Noble eReader hahaha
-
Just posted my plan thus far in another thread for some thoughts and opinions. Im certain it isnt the final draft, but I hope its a good starting point.
Here it is
-
No door, it's is a nook at the back of the basement
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
So for those who haven't seen my introduction thread, I'm kind of a newbie in model railroading. I recently purchased some track from someone who said they didnt have time to start the layout they were planning. I purchased it mostly for the switches, but it came with a bunch of other pieces as...
-
Thanks for the info Guys! Its much appreciated. I am in the process of working out a new layout plan, and I cant quite land on something I like. I know there are a few scenes Id like to incorporate into the plan, but every time I think I'm going somewhere it seems like I hit a dead end...
-
Yea that's a good point as far as access, I was concerned with the corner where the two 4x8s meet. I think I might try to adapt this into a "U" shaped layout that will run on three walls of my 11x11 room.
As far as table width, is there a recommended width? I was think of about 2ft? Though I...
-
27 here, My Dad got me into Model Railroading when I was around 7 or 8. I've always been interested in anything that has an engine in it really (Planes, Trains, and Automobiles haha). We stopped working on the layout we had back then when I was around 11 because of a move, but I have been...
-
I do have one unit that is in the heritage II scheme, and one that is the Santa Fe Warbonnet scheme.(this is one I just got done detailing that is in my avatar pic)
As far as what era I would like to go back to, that I cant decide. The paint scheme I grew up seeing is the blue and yellow...
-
Thanks Guys! still working my way through the design of my layout, but I am definitely excited to have that much space. However I don't know whether or not I want to have something that allows for some continuous running, or maybe doing something that is point to point. I also am in a dilemma as...
-
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the forum and semi-new to the hobby. My dad built me a small 4x8 layout when I was a kid and I've kinda been captivated with trains ever since. Finished up with all my schooling a couple years ago, and ended up getting a job and moving to Kansas City. Anyway, being here...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)