Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    oval around our Christmas village

    Here is a link to a video of me testing out my sound decoder install on it before the buildings were on it. You can see the plywood base. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt_GUSR2ioA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  2. P

    my layout design

    How's this:
  3. P

    oval around our Christmas village

    On our pool table sits our Christmas village with a DCC oval around it. Nailed down to plywood with white glitter glued to the track for ice and snow. Completely soldered together. I made the mistake of trying to use spray glue to make the glitter stick. What a mess!!
  4. P

    my layout design

    12' x 8'. C = commercial, R = residential, TS = train station, I = industrial, M = military base. I might have the industrial area removable for adding detail to the town.
  5. P

    Bachmann HO GP38-2 Fix

    Thanks for the info! Mine is a nice and slow starter now. I still have to learn about the other 3 motor drive CVs. There are 5 of them just for motor drive control. I wish there was a YouTube video of someone adjusting all 5 of them from stock. I found the process for kp &ki, but not the others...
  6. P

    Bachmann HO GP38-2 Fix

    Apparently mine is a GP40, not an SD40. Not sure what the difference if. I just got done tweaking the motor cv's and ended up with my kp & ki at 40 & 10. The chatter is staying away for now :: knock on wood::
  7. P

    tsunami shutdown sequence on EZ command

    one step ahead of you already have the PR3! Love it! That and decoder pro 3. Thanks for the info!
  8. P

    Bachmann HO GP38-2 Fix

    The loco i have the issues with is the one that came with the EZ command and goes for $26 for the DC version. My other Bachmann was $80 (GP7). Hopefully this doesn't happen with the more expensive one! The cheap one doesn't even have flywheels (weights). So you're saying i shouldn't hold this...
  9. P

    tsunami shutdown sequence on EZ command

    it does but unlike other systems that Sunday kill signal to the decoder, it cuts the entire power to the track. I was wondering if there was a CV to adjust to make it so that when you bring it back to speed step 0 it shuts down the engine. I want to upgrade to Digitrax chief system anyways...
  10. P

    tsunami shutdown sequence on EZ command

    I have the Bachmann EZ command controller and a custom SD 40 with the tsunami AT-1000 sound decoder. it won't do the shutdown sequence. does anyone know how to force it? or what to change to get it shut down when you go to speed step 0? I have it set to not start until SpeedStep one, but it...
  11. P

    Bachmann HO GP38-2 Fix

    something else that probably didn't help me, when the original DCC board fried after 2 hours of use, I noticed the board had the year 2006 printed on it. I'm sure there have been many improvements in 8 years.
  12. P

    Bachmann HO GP38-2 Fix

    that was definitely it! although it's not perfect it's much better! that'll probably be the last Bachmann train I ever buy though... I shouldn't have this much problem for my brand new product. I'll probably buy a non DCC Athern train and put a tsunami soundtraxx decoder in it. thanks for the help!
  13. P

    Bachmann HO GP38-2 Fix

    I have a chattering problem with my sd40. I narrowed it down to the drive shaft. This make sense. I'm going to try it. Thank you!
  14. P

    Bachmann SD40-2 issue & report

    I have the same problem. Chatter in the front truck. I pulled the drive shaft and the gear connecting to the worm gear and the sound went away. I then noticed that the plastic coupling that the drive shaft snaps into that is attached to the worm gear shaft came off with the drive shaft. If this...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top