Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Y

    Montana NTRAK

    I had to add that one to the bookmarks. :) Nice to see more Montana sites. :)
  2. Y

    Checklists for layout planning

    Jim, while the program is useless for me, it gave me a clue to where to find the data files, all of which I now have, thank you very much! :D
  3. Y

    Checklists for layout planning

    Jim, I've been searching for that exact bit of data for a project I'm working on, if you happen to have the URL somewhere, I could certainly use it. (mean while I'll keep cussing at google. :) )
  4. Y

    More National Train Show videos going up

    Loved the video Jeff.
  5. Y

    Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

    More likely the pipe the CMTS is hooked to is way to small. Not that uncommon of an occurrence really. I used to work for a wireless cable operator as head of network operations. When I took the job we had all the customers (over 200) hooked to 2 bonded T1's (1.5 Mbps each). Messy!
  6. Y

    I finished the lake, By J. Red Horse

    Jess, if that is what raw pipe stone looks like, stick with it. It's certainly unique.
  7. Y

    Adjusting Coupler Height?

    I'd pick up a height gauge, sounds like they might be mismatched a little. Also if there is a lot of play it can cause problems. MT makes a height gage, or you could pick up a starter set and get a variety of spare couplers for when you add rolling stock. Handy little pack. Also try to keep...
  8. Y

    Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

    Steve, that's awesome. A great accomplishment for both of you (parent and son)!
  9. Y

    WOW it's been a long time....

    I did the opposite of Jim, I got rid of all my HO stuff, and now get the great joy of purchasing everything again. Even with eBay, I'm coming out on the wrong side of the coin. On the other hand, I'm going N this time around (space reasons) however I don't have jack for anything, something I...
  10. Y

    Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

    Quite a find there Jeffrey! We never see anything like that around here, BN is fairly quick to get things off to the scrapper here. :(
  11. Y

    Woodland scenics realistic water

    Funny, the theme song from Andy Griffith keeps running through my head when I look at your finished shots. :)
  12. Y

    Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

    Keeping her in my prayers Steve...
  13. Y

    emergency vehicles in HO scale

    This is the first year we've had the open container law. I hate to say it (you all can say I told you so later) I just ordered up apparatus, fire hall, PD, still not to where I can work on benchwork, and the layout plan is still evolving. Oh well. :)
  14. Y

    emergency vehicles in HO scale

    Looks like I'm in good company here, I'm a former volunteer fire fighter. Due to a major highway (for Montana) running through our district, and (until recently) no open container law, we handed more car accidents then anything. Usually 2 or 3 per day. Now that I think about it, I need to...
  15. Y

    Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

    Looks much more life like this way tho. :) Imagine my dilemma, I'll have a bed in the middle of my layout... :eek:
  16. Y

    Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

    Jeffrey, I left a message about the missing object in the wpf thread...
  17. Y

    Boeing/Aircraft cars?

    Back when I worked for a wireless ISP, we had to climb about every 6 months to repair heliax. So pot shots at trains really doesn't surprise me much.
  18. Y

    Weekend Photo fun 11/12/13 July

    Arg! The city lost it's A/C! :)
  19. Y

    Show Your Face

    Since I posted in the newcomers thread, I may as well put up a pic. This is me doing my Mike Rowe impersonation: If you don't know who Mike Rowe is, he hosts Dirty Jobs on Discovery Channel. Nice to see someone doing a job I haven't done yet... :)
  20. Y

    Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

    I just have to say one thing about anti-virus... Linux... :D Congrats on the anniversary! I wish you the best.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top