Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Diesel-Electric

    Experience with my very first Athearn locomotive.....

    Hello there, You guys remember my post on Athearn GP38-2 (and their diesels) asking if they were good? Well, I took the decision to go ahead and get one as there was positive replies. Yesturday after a long wait I received my very first Athearn locomotive: RTR GP38-2, Norfolk Southern #5287...
  2. Diesel-Electric

    Your Favorite Scale

    HO scale. But I have considered N scale in the past.
  3. Diesel-Electric

    Brasseur Electric Trains

    I'm from Sri-Lanka. Diesel-Electric
  4. Diesel-Electric

    Brasseur Electric Trains

    Hello there, Just like to know if anyone has purchased online from Brasseur Electric Trains. Like to know if their services/shipping options are good. Experience from anyone who has ordered from them online outside of the USA (international) will really help. Thanks in advance...
  5. Diesel-Electric

    Buying a Train Set without the Train?

    Far Side of the World, I'm assuming you are referring to HO scale: Kato makes a track set which includes what you have listed, that is, -Track -Controller -Plug into wall -Track that connect the layout to the controller -Wire plus...
  6. Diesel-Electric

    My small 4'4"x6" HO scale layout.......

    Hey, Trussrod, thanks for the kind words, and I'm sorry to hear about your mum. Yet, my family problems are not a sad one, it's a happy one. Just before Christmas, I became a dad for the first time:)! So gotta keep better half happy right:)? But, she's really cool about it, that's why, I did...
  7. Diesel-Electric

    My small 4'4"x6" HO scale layout.......

    Gee, otiscnj, I always did wonder when someone in this forum would ask me that:). Well, since you asked, I really like the 2nd generation EMD GP series locomotives (15, 38, 39, 40 especially) after my starter train set had a GP in it and really like freight trains (same reason). Also, American...
  8. Diesel-Electric

    Athearn's Latest Price Increases: Im out...

    Well, I got Athearn's news letter a few days ago. I was stunned to see that the price of their GP38-2, with the same features has increased by USD20 (from USD79.98 to USD99.98)! Man! In just one year! 10, would have made sense but 20? That means it's max retail price is now almost the same as an...
  9. Diesel-Electric

    just wanted to say. marry Christmas to everyone here

    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL! And a happy, prosperous new year! Diesel-Electric
  10. Diesel-Electric

    Running a British locomotive on North American power?

    There should not be a problem whatsoever as long as the voltage output and amperage from the power pack (I assume DC/analog/standard/traditional power) is what the locomotive, be it American/British/whatever does not exceed what the locomotive is designed for which is generally variable DC...
  11. Diesel-Electric

    My small 4'4"x6" HO scale layout.......

    Thanks guys for the advice/compliments and encouragement! To answer the questions some have asked me: Hathaway Browne, It will most likely be a industry and/or loading platform. I'm modeling "semi-fictional" American mid-east single track branch line which runs thru a forest or so set in...
  12. Diesel-Electric

    Headlight LED color?

    Bachmann GP40 with constant brightness/directional head lights Here are some shots of my HO scale Bachmann GP40 upgraded with constant brightness/directional head lights. Shots are from it running on my new layout. Next year or so, this locomotive will be converted to a GP38-3. (HLCX 1010...
  13. Diesel-Electric

    My small 4'4"x6" HO scale layout.......

    Hello there! I've started on my very first permanent layout. The bench work is a metal frame, constructed from L shape bars, with a wooden planks on top with roughly equal spacing in between. On to the the top, I glued down sheets of 1 1/2" Styrofoam. The track is temporally pin down directly...
  14. Diesel-Electric

    New Athearn box car paint coming off.

    Ah! Cjcrescent, the expert on Athearns, thanks for the tips sir! Yes "air drying" did help, but as a precaution I'm leaving it out for a little longer. Like I say, it's really unfortunate for this to happen as the car is a really nice one (really smooth rolling). Anyway, I'm over this problem...
  15. Diesel-Electric

    Headlight LED color?

    Hello there! Thanks for your input people! I've decided to install sunny-white LEDs to my locomotive headlights with the constant brightness/directional circuits. I'll post a few pictures when time permits! Take care! Diesel-Electric.
  16. Diesel-Electric

    New Athearn box car paint coming off.

    Hello there, No, everything was in order except the paint. Apart from that, it's really a nice car, metal wheels and nice details, it's really unfortunate that the paint was defective. Well, it was the only one in stock, and was the only one in stock for 2 or 3 months and was always eying it...
  17. Diesel-Electric

    New Athearn box car paint coming off.

    Hello there, I received 3 brand-new box cars 2 days ago, ordered online from MTS. Two of which Athearn and other Trainman. One of the Athearns, 50' box car in Patrick Industries colors: http://www.athearn.com/ProdInfo/LargeImages/ATH96907.jpg When I took this car out of the box to inspect...
  18. Diesel-Electric

    Headlight LED color?

    Hello there! I'm installing constant brightness/directional headlights to my diesel locomotives. I'm modeling a generic American branch line, era 2005-present, which employs 2nd generation diesels (GP38s, 40s etc etc) and I'm installing LED bulbs for the headlights. I like to know, what color...
  19. Diesel-Electric

    Kadee metal wheelsets

    Hello there, I need some info on the following Kadee metal wheel sets: http://www.kadee.com/htmbord/page530.htm http://www.kadee.com/htmbord/page520.htm What I need to know from anyone who have used these metal wheel sets, if the axle and the needle point of this metal wheel set also metal...
  20. Diesel-Electric

    What is this hopper car?

    Hello there! Wow! I was expecting only two or three replies :p! Thanks to all! I just wanted to know because I'm keen on purchasing one or two of it for my layout and needed to know as I'll have some industries placed near the tracks, if you know what I mean:rolleyes:. Anyway, thanks...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top