ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
G
That's what I was thinking exactly. Just not sure what that material should be, but I have a few ideas to try out and see on a small scale to start.
-
G
I am not really very concerned about noise. I just want it to run smoothly with no derailing problems.
-
G
The foam is a great idea, I didn't think about carving contours etc. Should I mount the track directly to the foam or what? I would think I would want some earth color under the track to start.
-
G
I am going to start a N gauge layout soon. I plan on using Kato Unitrack on a interior door as a base. My question is: Should I put some sort of material on the wood before starting setting the track itself? Maybe cork or something like that? All my detailing, features etc. would be on top of...
-
G
My reasoning with using the molded roadbed track, was that my previous experience with HO flextrack was not good. I found it hard to trim and also to get smooth transistions between it, itself or turnouts etc. Has there been improvements in tools or whatever to make that work better? I also...
-
G
I recently decided to start building a N gauge layout. I have the room finally, although somewhat limited. That's why I decided on N. So, it has been many years since I was involved in trains and am wanting to be sure I do things correctly. I see a number of manufacters of track, most of which...
-
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)