Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. K

    MTH and Athearn issue DCC

    Thanks for the info, mth gave me the value of the cv29, so it works now. thanks for the info
  2. K

    MTH and Athearn issue DCC

    What do i need to change cv29 to? Also do i set it on main line or programing track? thanks for the info
  3. K

    MTH and Athearn issue DCC

    So i've got two issues I need help with. I'm using a Digitrax zephyr(dcs 50) for my operating. 1. I purchased the MTH SD70Ac'e 4141, My question is, Do I need a resistor to program it on the program track? I've tried repeatedly to program it but it will not accept the address, but it will run...
  4. K

    kc southern xmas train

    They added another car or two this year i believe. We pulled it out of the car shop at work this morning and it looked bigger than last year. It's on display in Shreveport tonight then on to it's yearly tour starting monday.
  5. K

    Opinions on HO Coffee table

    oh, i'll be using walther background buildings..... already have 4 . also shorter cars 40' or so...... I'll post a picture of my sketch as soon as i can.
  6. K

    Opinions on HO Coffee table

    Starting to think of this option again. I've got a small HO scale switching layout i'm going to attempt to put into a coffee table..... I'm thinking a 2.5-3' x 4-5' table with an 12" wide switchin layout going from one corner to the opposite at a diagonal. in the void (triangle) space i plane on...
  7. K

    WPF for 27 November to o3 December

    Grampys, Just noticed even your whistleboard, if that's what that is, has the same shape as the PRR logo. Amazing detail.... At kcs we have good ol boring square concrete polls.
  8. K

    CN Dash 9 project

    Looking Good. Nice job on painting
  9. K

    Plastic paint

    Searched but didn't find what i was really looking for..... What is a good plastic paint? I don't have an airbrush and i have a few structures i'd like to spray instead of brushing. Do i need to sand anything down or would it adhere to the plastics smooth surface. thanks for any info or insight
  10. K

    Teen hit and killed by train in florida!

    That's sad, didn't even make it into the "real world" out of high school. There was a teen killed a few miles from my house not long ago with the same circumstances, but he had his radio up to loud in his car and was sitting on the tracks. A lot of teens don't realize how destructive trains can...
  11. K

    Soo

    I know a lot of guys at KCS are wanting CN to buy us or merge....... I guess CP would work too....
  12. K

    close call

    Bossier City, Louisiana.
  13. K

    close call

    we did operation lifesaver here a few weeks ago. wrote 58 citations in about 3 hours thought this was a neat pic. We had motors and a car....... car was mainly to keep traffic off the bikes while they shadowed the train.
  14. K

    close call

    Apparently there's something about Arkansas..... I know KCS hits atleast 1-3 cars a month in Ashdown, Ark.
  15. K

    best bang for the buck

    Thinking about going with Woodland Scenics, Scenic Ridge Layout.... But i was wondering if anyone has done this kit and if it's worth it, or should i just but everything piece by piece? Not planning on doing a lot of switching, just want something good to look at and will gain me knowledge in...
  16. K

    My newest additions

    nice addition and a good deal
  17. K

    Spooky stories from the UP...

    Found another......Not many people know where Bossier City louisiana it but.... There's a curve on the KCS line near the city limits of bossier. Story says that a young mother and several of her children were hit by a train when there vehicle stalled on the tracks. The screams of the family are...
  18. K

    Spooky stories from the UP...

    There's local story around where i work. Supposedly back in the 70's a train stopped and the conductor/brakeman walked the train after it went into emergency. After an hour or so the crew got kindof curious as to what happened to the conductor. The crew walked back to find the conductor...
  19. K

    Opinions on HO Coffee table

    I'm looking into it more. I can get the plexi for very cheap. Thinking about doing rounded corners vs squared. My only issue is the possible heat from lights, but i don't think the small amount of lights will produce that much heat. There wouldn't be much operation wise, as of now I have an oval...
  20. K

    Opinions on HO Coffee table

    I've got 90% of my HO collection up for sale and was going to switch to N scale. I bought a cheap N scale set just to get an idea of what it'd be like. Was planning on a 2x4 N scale coffee table layout. Then I got to thinking, why not go with 3.5 by 5 and stay with HO scale. So i kept my 40'...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top