ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
K
Hm, thanks Eric.
Yeah - I meant regardless of locomotive movement, the LCD screen shows what notch you're in. I will have to turn the throttle sometimes two or even three detents, or "clicks" before the cab shows that it actually recognized my input and go to "1".
Kyle
-
K
Hey Josh,
I did mine about 1 and 3/8" apart. Comes out close to 10 scale feet.
Kyle
-
K
Hey guys,
I am running the Express, and noticed that the throttle itself seems to have a lapse in it. For instance, when I twist it, it seems to take anywhere from 1 to 3 "clicks" for the unit to actually notch up once, from say "0" to "1".
Is it supposed to do this?
Thanks!
Kyle
-
K
Hey guys,
Just wondering - do the turnouts for this track work with DCC? Or would I have to mess with the frog to use them on it?
Thanks!
Kyle
-
K
Yeah, it worked almost as well as the window screen and pins I picked up at home depot to make my first fence a while ago! :D LOL
Yeah, I thought they were a bit shiny too, but I was going off the prototype photos. I believe they were recently installed - I remember there being some older...
-
K
I have only made a couple roads before, this is my first attempt in HO.
All I used was standard posterboard - very easy to work with! Painted it, weathered it, and used plain old white glue to hold it down.
Kyle
-
K
Appreciate it guys!
It's actually an asphalt plant from Walthers - seems like most of the aggregates get shipped in by truck (stored in silos) and the tank cars bring in the petroleum bitumens to mix. Kind of hard to represent everything there is to it, it's a sort of low-relief industry...
-
K
Thanks guys!
I still have to do another fenced and gated area on a rail served industry... we'll see how that turns out. :o
Kyle
-
K
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
I managed to get it done and in. Not perfect, but it works I think! I ended up building it seperately, flat on a table with thick CA. Then, gingerly transfered it over to the layout and set it in.
Here's a couple pics of it. I managed to print out a few...
-
K
Thanks for the help guys! Everytime I'd try to glue the wires on, they would fall - couldn't hold it steady long enough for the glue to set, tried taping them and the glue stuck to the tape. So when I took the tape off, it ripped the wire too... :rolleyes:
I might try a different route...
-
K
Hey guys,
Any tips for building this booger? I have gone through 3 hours of cussing and frustration and cannot get it together. I put all the post into the foam scenery base (easy) and cannot for the life of me glue the horizontal posts or mesh on - even using two different CAs.
It...
-
K
Hm, interesting. Why don't they just use anti-freeze then? :o
Seems like it would make life easier.
Kyle
-
K
Thanks for the all the input guys! Yeah, that just strikes as me as weird. I would have thought it would make sense to let it idle for maybe a few hours, but days or even months? :eek:
Learn something new everyday, thanks for the lessons. Now I guess it would be proto-typical to leave my...
-
K
Huh, that's weird Jim! So how come they have to keep locomotives running, but not rigs, school buses, or even a Powerstroke Ford pick-up?
Is it basically the fuel is different then? As far as I know, no one has block heaters down here on them...
It just really baffeled me - I couldn't...
-
K
Hey guys,
A few weekends ago, I was hoping to catch the local working it's job, and was excited when I drove up and heard the engine running. Started talking to another railfan, and come to find out it's been sitting there for hours now idling, no one in it (their work done for the day)...
-
K
Thanks guys! Yeah, those trees look somewhat like it... I think I'm going for more of a long needle leaf look though, which can't really be replicated with the Woodland Scenics stuff.
I might have to try that Caspia synthetic stuff then to make them. Ill keep you guys posted!
Kyle
-
K
Here's my progress on the Birmingham East District, of my shelf NS layout.
The loco is a converted SD60M unit of Genesis descent... so she has sound and ditchlights!
That will be an asphalt plant back there, behind the train.
Kyle
-
K
Hey guys,
I've been on the hunt lately to put realistic pine trees on my HO shelf layout. I'm modelling Douglasville (just a bit west of Atlanta, GA), but can't seem to find any good "southern" pine trees really. All of the prebuilt/trunk kits look like Christmas trees.
Anyone know how...
-
K
Ohkay, cool. Yeah, I was wondering how long NS kept the ol' Southern tradition of long-hood forward. Do they still try to run them that way even today?
As well - does that mean that they swap the engineer's controls to the otherside, or leave it stock? I.E. does the engineer sit on what...
-
K
Hey guys,
Got me a shell for my Athearn Genesis... everything is finally swapped over, lights working, and awesome sound! Took a bit of filing and slight cutting (Genesis frame was slightly longer than the new shell).
Anywho, still learning more and more about my prototype I'm modelling...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)