Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. S

    Any Las Vegas Railroaders out there?

    We are few and far between in this city, it would seem, but we do exist! I don't typically railfan in town, other than a few of the spots you guys have mentioned. I drive over the Lamb Blvd. overpass every day on my way to/from work, so I always try and check things out. I've never been bothered...
  2. S

    Weekend Photo Fun 2-20/2-22

    I haven't posted on here in forever...nor do I know if I'm allowed to post videos in a photo thread, but hey...gotta try, right? I've been working on a new layout...and the scenery is mostly done, so I thought I'd share a couple of videos! Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkTO4smhWdU...
  3. S

    Feb 22 Week(end) Photo Fun

    I've worked on a couple things this week. The biggest project was wiring this puppy up on the C&O branch of my DT&I Layout: Lined to go up the interchange track... All clear! I've also added 6 new grain hoppers in a maroon DT&I scheme. Here's a couple of videos with two finished...
  4. S

    Week(end) photofun 8/9/10... February

    Got a heads up that the MoPac Heritage unit was coming thru Vegas tonight, so we went down to catch it and ended up catching another train with a chessie boxcar up front as well. Here are the videos...enjoy! The Northbound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2gqqmu4E3M The Southbound with...
  5. S

    Week(end) photofun 8/9/10... February

    Rather than post my usual runby videos, I thought I'd record a little switching action on the layout. In these views, the DT&I Salem local backs into the small yard with some scrap gons. It has already set its caboose in another track, which can be seen in the distance. After the local pulls...
  6. S

    Week(end) photofun 8/9/10... February

    Ok, I made a couple of videos and here are a few pics to show an alliance not previously seen :) And the Videos... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myHqUa7RC9M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A_hpp78hEs
  7. S

    Weekend Photo Fun Feb 1st, 2nd, 3rd and on.

    I managed to accomplish a working grade crossing after a few hours' work...check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USgfbjpK9YU
  8. S

    Weekend Photo Fun Feb 1st, 2nd, 3rd and on.

    I am using the logic rail grade crossing pro controller. It works great and is really easy to install! Thanks for the compliments everyone.
  9. S

    Weekend Photo Fun Feb 1st, 2nd, 3rd and on.

    Here's some weathering I've worked on: Here's how the reefer I posted the logo for last weekend turned out: Some other random pics:
  10. S

    Weekend Photo Fun Jan 25-26-27

    Here's a few more new photos from the DT&I including an upcoming reefer project Matt and I worked on last night. Enjoy! I also decided to include this video of the very first sound equiped loco on the DT&I. It's a Kato SD40-2 with the new Digitrax Soundbug. Enjoy...
  11. S

    Weekend photo Fun 18 19 20 January 2008

    The traffic light and the cantilevered crossing are both walthers models to answer an earlier question. I still need to wire the crossings up to work with DCC...it's a shame the Walthers crossing controller doesn't do that. It might get a little more complicated because some crossings mix Tomar...
  12. S

    Weekend photo Fun 18 19 20 January 2008

    Hey all...I haven't posted in here in forever, so I thought I'd update you all on the modern DT&I with these photos! Enjoy! First up is DT&I SD40-2...a Kato model I customized. GP40-2 407 sits on a siding by the water fall. It's a super detailed Athearn model. The resident cat at...
  13. S

    Has Anyone Tried Repowering the RTR Athearn Models?

    I'm interested in repowering my SD38 and GP35 possibly. They run ok, but I know with a can motor they'd be so much better...help?
  14. S

    SD40-2s, BLI vs Kato

    The BLI one is fine...the BlueLine one I cannot stand...haha
  15. S

    SD40-2s, BLI vs Kato

    Okay...so irony here...Today was my BDay and guess what I got? A Kato SD40-2...the newer version with room for a speaker in the fuel tank. So now my question becomes...does anyone suggest a particular sound unit? I've been looking at the MRC Brilliance Decoders...thoughts? Keep in mind I want a...
  16. S

    SD40-2s, BLI vs Kato

    Yeah, and it's a terrible horn sound anyways! I think I'll just get a Kato and put in a sound system I like...then I can get one with a Nathan M-3 as per usual DT&I/GT practice :)
  17. S

    SD40-2s, BLI vs Kato

    Okay was it just me, or was anyone else really put off by the horn on the BLI SD40-2? That thing drives me nuts! I've heard way better...I wonder if you can change it?
  18. S

    Photofun for the weekend 6-7-8th July

    Great work everyone! Here's my latest little film...enjoy! http://youtube.com/watch?v=2vrSn8IdOwI
  19. S

    The First of Many

    Yes it is. I like it...albeit it's plastic, and I thought it was metal. I haven't wired them in yet with the controller, but I'll let you know how it turns out!
  20. S

    The First of Many

    New Crossing Installation With Main St. drivers complaining about visibility on the DT&I's branchline, the city decided to install a cantilever crossing signal to better warn motorists of approaching rail traffic. The success of this installation has prompted a revised look at other crossings...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top