Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    Slugs & Bugs (B-units)

    B30-7ab Which engine do I need to make one of these B units? ? Thank you Doug
  2. D

    Athearn Acquires T55 Tooling

    well its about time something happened. Had UP's 6 SD70Ace heritage on order since Dec of 05. Wonders when they will release em now. T55 engines are going for big bucks on ebay. even one with out sound.
  3. D

    UP Heritage?

    Lastnight was looking on Caboose Hobbies websites at new announcments. One there it has Mikes Train House (MTH) is gonna release SD70 ACe's this December in HO scale
  4. D

    Cab Forward

    am looking for some advice or opinions here. Am looking to buy myself a Cab Forward. Who makes the best, am thinking of either Broadway Limited or Intermountain. Or has anyone seen an online review of either? Doug
  5. D

    decoder acting weird

    thanks guys, I will have to try that, is on a club layout as I don't have a layout of my own yet
  6. D

    decoder acting weird

    using a Digitax system (super chief) NCE D13SR 5547 is number on side of engine using a 4 bit address
  7. D

    decoder acting weird

    Installed a decoder into a P2K SD45, Programmed it for 5547, when I tried to run engine was a runaway. When i reprogrammed it for 5548 engine ran normal. Tried to reset decoder and same thing, Anyone with any idea's???
  8. D

    Anyone use Caboosehobbies.com?

    I have ordered many times from them and never had a problem yet
  9. D

    Soldering with a Cold Heat tool.

    had one, ended up buying a soldering iron
  10. D

    Open deck flatcars?

    I think I'd start with an InterMountain flatcar. Remove the wood decking and add the bunks. I think Details West make some, not sure
  11. D

    Diesel ditch lights

    zgardner18, Those ditch lites look great, You said you custom painted that MRL #310 right. I am wondering what brand and and color you sed to paint the blue, have a SD45 I wanna do as a MRL myself. Thanks for your help
  12. D

    BNSF Wedge

    Am looking for BNSF H3 Wedge decals. Anyonw might know where I can get some?? Doug
  13. D

    intermountain

    Does anyone know where I can see a review of InterMountains Cab Forward and anyone have there own opinion about them? Doug
  14. D

    paint stripping

    thanks guys, removedall handrails, MU hoses, windows, etc. gonna get it soak over night in 91% isopropyl alcohol. Wish me luck Doug
  15. D

    impack spine cars...

    Sorry man I didn't have my camera with.. I've only been waiting 2 years now for the UP Heritage engines all on back order, delay after delay.
  16. D

    impack spine cars...

    53' spines head ups here guys While at Trainfest last saturday, I noticed at the Athearn booth on a table they had a 5 car set it appeared to be 53' Spine car set. Hitches at each endof each car. Were black with no road name on them... but they did look awesome. Wish now I took a pic...
  17. D

    paint stripping

    Saturday while at TRainfest in Milwaukee I was able to pick up 2 Proto 2000 SD45's for $40 each. I wanna strip off paint on one of them and repaint in a WC OLS. what would be the best way to doo this? Or is it easier tojust paint over the paintjob. Now is painted In Santa Fe Pinstrip...
  18. D

    YES YES YES, Genesis SD60M's!

    I have a feeling that maybe WC might buy a few used ones as well
  19. D

    Modern-day New York Central hauls the Tropicana Juice Train

    Awesome looking train and engines. Questions about your engines, when you painted them, Did you seat the paint with a clearcoat? Thanks
  20. D

    Athearn SD45-2 with sound

    Did you get your engine to work yet or change adresses? Did you know that you can program CV 17 and 18 to address your loco. what I had to do in ops mode on mainline Here is a link to site I used: http://ruppweb.dyndns.org/xray/comp/decoder.htm It worked for me




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top