Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    Modeling your local area

    Thanks Jim , I will look there to start with .
  2. M

    Modeling your local area

    I'm modeling my families historic railroad in Florida , but I fear finding palm trees and cabbage palms for the landscape will be difficult. Anyone have any ideas about where to find tropical type landscaping materials ? I am new to model train so I dont have a lot of information on suppliers.
  3. M

    Thank you for the welcome, please come on a journey with me :)

    I will have to try to find something . It seems that there are no local model train hobby stores here in the area. There are some model train clubs but they are about an hour from me in all directions lol. Time for a road trip or two perhaps :)
  4. M

    Thank you for the welcome, please come on a journey with me :)

    I'm sorry to take so long to answer your post Paul I do appreciate the information. I have been a bit busy lately. I have been researching the actual road lines for the original railroad . Some of them do still exist while others have been taken over by the rails to trails program or just lost...
  5. M

    Thank you for the welcome, please come on a journey with me :)

    http://www.rlhssec.org/newsletters.htm It is the April 2021 newsletter. in PDF form so I cant post a direct link to it . You may find the article interesting , or the other articles listed there too. The more I dig the more I find that My uncle had numerous locos. I guess I will attempt to...
  6. M

    Thank you for the welcome, please come on a journey with me :)

    Thank you Paul, that does make it a bit clearer. Now I am wondering how one determines just which 440 is which. Since it looks like there were different engines with that same wheel configuration. If I were to take this one ,......26 Baldwin 8242 1886 4-4-0 17x24 63 542 Wichita & Western #3...
  7. M

    Thank you for the welcome, please come on a journey with me :)

    Hi Paul, yes I am open to using Artistic lisence that comes rather naturally being an artist myself lol. There are some neat looking engines in those you posted. The narrow gauge looks interesting too, I really wish I knew more about all this . I am learning though . I did find a pdf about the...
  8. M

    Thank you for the welcome, please come on a journey with me :)

    Thanks Paul,that is small, I can do it , it is more of a challenge but it can still be done to recreate as close as possible copies of buildings in that scale Doing more research I am finding that the railroad had several different kinds of engines running including a 2-6-2 Prairie that is...
  9. M

    Thank you for the welcome, please come on a journey with me :)

    Perhaps you can tell me too, I generally work in 1/12th scale , but the picture I posted was done in 1/2 scale meaning of course that 1/2" represents 1 foot. Do you happen to know what ho is in terms of scale? Thanks!
  10. M

    Thank you for the welcome, please come on a journey with me :)

    Paul thank you so much for taking the time to look for me. I do appreciate it. I will spend some time looking at the links today. I had anticipated that it would be difficult to find these engines. I am not quite ready to try to kit bash one yet so I hope i can find the closest thing to what was...
  11. M

    Thank you for the welcome, please come on a journey with me :)

    Hi Paul, Thanks for the links , some of those are better pics then I found :) Yes it is the Cummer railroad. The time period is around 1945 around that time the railroad was active. I am thinking probably HO scale as it may be more available in that scale. Though I dont really know. I am...
  12. M

    Thank you for the welcome, please come on a journey with me :)

    I am a miniaturist, but I am new to model railroading. I have in mind a recreation of part of my family history This will be a journey into a past time and family for me , I would love to have help with this. I am researching The Cummer Lumber Company of Jacksonville, Florida and the railroad...
  13. M

    Hi from Florida

    Thanks Nscaler, I am finding my problem at this point is too much information LOL> I need pictures. Thanks so much for the welcome !
  14. M

    Hi from Florida

    Thank you Rico, LOL I will do my best to send some warm weather up your way:) I am originally from Michigan so I feel your pain! I have to do the research before I start to build, I'm working on it . Then of course I have to set up the space for it. It will happen, I have lots to learn too!
  15. M

    Hi from Florida

    Hi , I am a bit new to building railroads , I am a miniaturist with a special interest in a particular railroad , The Jacksonville and Southern railroad. I want to try to recreate it as best I can. It was built by my ancestors to serve their lumber mills, I would really appreciate any...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top