Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. jasonelki

    Athearn Accessories?

    I think Bowser offers a SD40-2 detail kit which looks to include almost everything besides the plow and beacon, are they fairly easy to apply? Figured I'd ask the "diesel detail freak"!! Any idea the type of plow and beacon? Thanks!
  2. jasonelki

    Athearn Accessories?

    Wow, so you think its a smattering of products from all these different companies?
  3. jasonelki

    Athearn Accessories?

    I'm posting a few photos of a couple of athearn SD40-2's in my roster. I received the BN tigerstripe from a friend awhile back and don't know if it was a kit or something else, and more recently purchased the Milwaukee Road. The M Road was an athearn kit and doesn't include a lot of the detail...
  4. jasonelki

    Airbrush for a beginner

    This is all very interesting to me also as I'm in the market for my first airbrush. Thanks for the responses!
  5. jasonelki

    D.E. initials under Milwaukee Road number?

    Ah, that does make more sense. I knew I should have included the specifics right away, you guys know your stuff around here! Thanks much! Jason
  6. jasonelki

    D.E. initials under Milwaukee Road number?

    After closer inspection here is what I've got. Fairbanks Morse H10-44 with D.E.10 under the road number of 1820. Alco RSC-2 with a D.E. under the road number of 979. And an Alco HH660 with a D.E. under the road number of 1603. These are all from a similar time frame, late 30's for the...
  7. jasonelki

    D.E. initials under Milwaukee Road number?

    I've noticed on a few of my milwaukee road locos the initials D.E. reside under the number. Any idea what this stands for? Thanks!
  8. jasonelki

    Atlas snap switch

    The latest on this... "We received the two switches you sent. We can see why you could have a problem with the new-style switch. We are in the process of deciding how best to address this issue and will let you know just as soon as we find an acceptable solution. In the mean time...
  9. jasonelki

    Atlas snap switch

    Interesting, not sure what the heck I have then. You are right, the switches aren't very prototypical, but I'll take it for my first layout.
  10. jasonelki

    Atlas snap switch

    Jim, thanks. Sorry, you are right, the photos don't exactly line up, but it is close enough to show the diff in the angle, which I'd guess would be 4 or 5 degrees. Sending out to atlas today. Not a big deal for my layout as mine is set, but for a real beginner this can maybe save someone else...
  11. jasonelki

    Atlas snap switch

    Sorry, it is hanging over my head. Must be my personality, but here is my rationale on this issue. I purchased the atlas beginners guide to model railroading, and I seem to have found a flaw in the design (or maybe I'm missing something). I guess I'm thinking this might help someone else down...
  12. jasonelki

    Atlas snap switch

    Jim, sent you a PM.
  13. jasonelki

    Atlas snap switch

    explain this to me! This snap switch seems to line up, hmm.
  14. jasonelki

    Atlas snap switch

    Thanks, I was hoping they would be a bit closer than that! At least I know my other thread was looked at;) Flex it is!
  15. jasonelki

    Atlas snap switch

    On the back of the atlas snap switch packaging (#850 or 851), it states if you place a 1/3 18" radius curve on the diverging angle, the resulting angle, starting at the tip of the 1/3 piece should equal an 18" radius. The attached photo is what happens when I try to overlay an 18" radius...
  16. jasonelki

    Atlas track plan issue?

    You've pretty much hit the nail on the head here.:) Like I just posted, I do appreciate you guys trying to help out, but it seems like everyone keeps skirting around the main question I've been asking regarding the diverging angle and it not lining up with an 18" radius curve, which it should...
  17. jasonelki

    Atlas track plan issue?

    Here is a better idea, maybe... Hadek, try this for me when you get a chance. Just for giggles, try to overlay an 18" rad. curve over your switch(including the 1/3" curve that comes with it) how do they line up? I'll add the photo of my 18" term. joiner over the new remote switch for...
  18. jasonelki

    Atlas track plan issue?

    Forgot to add this prior. This photo was sent from Atlas, they didn't have an issue putting it together. But, if you look close, doesn't look like there is any play in these pieces.
  19. jasonelki

    Atlas track plan issue?

    Hadek, how much play did you have between pieces? 2 or 3 mm's one way or the other? I wouldn't imagine everything would fit tight and snug, but it would have to be closer than what I originally had. The inner and outer loop overlay each other on the left. Your not going to fix that with a...
  20. jasonelki

    Atlas track plan issue?

    ugh, that curved piece of track came with my Bachman set, it is where the power pack connects. If I overlay an Atlas 18" radius piece over the top, it is essentially the same piece. So, just to try and keep the distracting non Atlas pieces off the layout, I just inserted an Atlas 18" in the...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top