Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. jasonelki

    White Decals?

    I know this topic has been kicked around here for awhile, what I gather is white decals essentially don't exist unless you have an industrial printer of some sort. I'm looking to decal a couple Milwaukee Road RS-1's, similar to the photos(except for white lettering-preferably). What are my...
  2. jasonelki

    Pelle Soeborg Book Comparison

    I'm not sure how advanced the techniques are in this book, but I've done a few and been happy with the results.
  3. jasonelki

    Pelle Soeborg Book Comparison

    Thanks for the imput fellas. I have yet to see either book in person, but it would make sense that Mountain to Desert covers just that. I was thinking it dealt with a wider range of scenery. I guess thats where the other book comes in. I think Soeborg does really good work, anyone do you...
  4. jasonelki

    Pelle Soeborg Book Comparison

    Anybody have either of these Soeborg books-From Mountain to Desert or Scenery Techniques? I'd like to purchase possibly both of these books but am not sure how much overlap there is between them. Scenery techniques was published in 2009 but Mountain to Desert was published in 2007. Just...
  5. jasonelki

    Sd-7/9

    No prob. Here's another photo of the same loco, a side shot. I thought the small fuel tank was neat. Good luck with the painting!
  6. jasonelki

    Sd-7/9

    Southern Pacific had them too. Here's a photo of the first SD7 (Illinois Railway Musuem) with my daughter and I serious grins! It was rusty as heck but very cool.:cool:
  7. jasonelki

    Favorite train and era ?

    Milwaukee Road transition era, especially the Alco switchers. This photo is current whereas the one in my sig #988 had the new paint job quite a few years back! From the Mid Continent Railway Museum in North Freedom Wisconsin which is the proud owner of recently restored Fish Stocking Car...
  8. jasonelki

    Details on the front of an SD40-2

    Ok, thanks for the info, never really thought of this before. Leaving a link sounds like the way to go! Thanks.
  9. jasonelki

    Details on the front of an SD40-2

    Just curious, but why the recommendation? I tend to post photos instead of links, but mostly cause I don't know how to leave a link!:)
  10. jasonelki

    Soo

    Still see some old Soo's up here in Wisconsin. Most notably in La Crosse and Portage yards. Here is a couple photos from earlier this year, some with the old Milwaukee Road still showing through! Sorry about the file sizes.
  11. jasonelki

    Loco window extensions

    Ahh, all weather window. Thanks!!
  12. jasonelki

    Loco window extensions

    Does anyone sell window extensions, if that is what they are even called, or are they all scratchbuilt? I've searched a bit with no luck. I'm looking to buy a couple for my locos. I've got a couple older Alcos I'd like to put them on. Here is a photo of what I'm talking about. Thanks...
  13. jasonelki

    Milwaukee Road RS1 photo?

    A fantasy scheme, LOL!! Ya, I have never found an actual photo of one of these. I was maybe just going by the assumtion that anything put out by atlas recently is based upon a prototype! Oh well, I'm still going to (try) paint it black, I'll likely have to have some custom decals made up in...
  14. jasonelki

    Milwaukee Road RS1 photo?

    I have never seen a photo of this loco. Maybe atlas offered one in a non prototypical color scheme. But, it is similar to this soo line RS1, only without the tigerstriped ends. Anyone ever seen a photo of the HH660 prototype, similar to what atlas sells?
  15. jasonelki

    Milwaukee Road RS1 photo?

    I just purchased an undecorated atlas RS1 and was hoping to paint it all black and decal it up in the milw road scheme of the time. Anyone have any photos of this rare beast? I've noticed in the past ebay has the all black RS1 up for auction, but I never saved a photo of it. Thanks for any help!
  16. jasonelki

    Athearn GP38 shell on athearn GP9 frame?

    ok, that was easy! Thanks!
  17. jasonelki

    Athearn GP38 shell on athearn GP9 frame?

    Are these 2 compatible? I have an older athearn GP9 and was looking at swapping a GP 38 shell(which I don't have) on the frame of the GP9. Any ideas?
  18. jasonelki

    Athearn Accessories?

    I was able to pick up a couple items for this model. Not sure how prototypical they will be, but they will dress it up nonetheless. I found a western cullen RB-126 beacon along with a plow PL-155 from Details West. I also picked up a Cal-Scale EMD detail kit. All the contents of the detail...
  19. jasonelki

    Atlas snap switch

    Wayne, Good to hear someone else has some issues with the new switches, for the longest time Atlas thought I was nuts til I sent them one of the switches in the mail! That said I haven't heard a word from Atlas since they sent me "replacement" older switches which work fine. They are a...
  20. jasonelki

    BIG Disappointment !!!!!!!!!!

    I have the same problem with an SD40-2 athearn kit. I have a different one that runs very well around the layout, but this one wants to jump off the track in spots. It only happens with the rear truck, going in either direction. When I watch the wheels its almost like some are grabbing more...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top