Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. jasonelki

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    Thanks for the heads up. I've used the JB weld before, but isn't it tough to sand? In the instances I've used JB I haven't had to worry about any expansion/shrinkage issues, is this a problem? thanks
  2. jasonelki

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    Alright, thanks Jerome, I'll give it a try!
  3. jasonelki

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    Jerome, you posted in the for sale section a Rio Grande engine, what type of putty did you use to fill the horn hole on that model? I think it was a green color. That might come in handy, i've used layers of CA to fill holes, and that was time consuming and a mess. I didn't want to hijack...
  4. jasonelki

    Up heritage unit spotted in ohio

    Never seen any of the heritage units in person, but Wisconsin Southern paint shops in Horicon, WI painted some of them, check out some of their work here... http://www.wsorrailroad.com/customers/paint1.html
  5. jasonelki

    How old are YOU?

    37 come December. Only been "back" in the hobby about 2 years. Had a few pieces as a middle schooler. With 3 kids 5 and under, I'm in the building the motive power and rolling stock phase.:D I do have a 4x8 that I'm less than thrilled with, but working on a plan for my ~12 x 15 ft space.
  6. jasonelki

    Spray booths.

    I'm leaning towards the 3000 PRM motor, can you have too much air draw through the booth, is there a down side to it? I'm planning on making a downdraft booth. Jason
  7. jasonelki

    Spray booths.

    Thanks for the heads up, but how can I calculate my CFM from my RPM? We need more acronyms...:D Seems like either fan will work, it will just depend on how large my spray booth is and the type/length of ductwork. Jason
  8. jasonelki

    Spray booths.

    Alright, I've acquired a couple squirrel cage blowers. One runs at 3000 rpm and the other at 1600, both have the same diameter in and outflow. Which one would work best? Can there be too much draw? Thanks
  9. jasonelki

    Bachmann Spectrum split gears?

    You guys are probably right, just a bad break for me getting a lemon and not representative of the rest of the product line. Jim, I did indeed call Bachmann to inquire about this warranty, but since the item was used and I didn't have the original receipt, it would have cost $25 (as it was a...
  10. jasonelki

    Bachmann Spectrum split gears?

    Bachmann update... Received the replacement gears from NWSL (along with the wheelsets I've been waiting on through my LHS for 3 months...). They sent me the wrong replacement set of gears. Apparently Bachmann had 2 different runs of the 44 tonner. The older version had a motor on top...
  11. jasonelki

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    Wow, those look pretty awesome Jerome, once again nice work! And what company modeled the CF7's?
  12. jasonelki

    Spray booths.

    Yup, I meant solvent based, I knew that just looked wrong when I wrote it!!:D Thanks for the tip, that'll just bump my water heater replacement project up the list! (to about 24...);)
  13. jasonelki

    Spray booths.

    I've got 2 fans at my disposal, at least one once we get a new hot water heater... From what I've read so far, the safer bet to use, with alcohol based paints would be the enclosed fan, from the second photo, as opposed to the bathroom fan from the first?
  14. jasonelki

    Ore Docks and the Modern Day

    I'm not sure how up to date bing maps are, but check out the aerial/birds eye view of the massive yard in Proctor, MN. Most ore cars are empty, but there is a few that are full, whenever the photo was taken! You can also check out the 2 roundhouses there as well! When I was up there last...
  15. jasonelki

    Locomotive Photo Help

    Thanks Dan! Anyone else have any secret websites that have photos!? :D
  16. jasonelki

    Locomotive Photo Help

    Paul and Mark, thanks for the info, very interesting. I'm more of a modeler(and not much of one at that) than a prototype guy! And the AEI tags are still in use? I'll have to keep my eyes open, are they easily noticed on freight cars?
  17. jasonelki

    Locomotive Photo Help

    Good catch, looks the same on the GP9. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=377641 Off topic, but what is the multicolored decal to the left of the Milw Rd. Herald? I've seen these on other models but haven't a clue what it is!
  18. jasonelki

    Locomotive Photo Help

    So these are spark arrestors on this SW1200? http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=109692
  19. jasonelki

    Locomotive Photo Help

    haml, thanks for the info, interesting. Hmm, so maybe this engine did not have spark arrestors. Does anyone know what is atop the long hood in the SD45 photo?
  20. jasonelki

    Grab irons. Bend and make your own or buy them?

    Thanks Jerome, too late in the night for me to remember the word stanchion!! :D




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top