Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. GP30

    Foamboard on plywood

    I have a question. I posted a thread on code 55 vs 80 track and switches. Thanks for all the helpful info. After reading posts on here, I see some of you use plywood on top of your benchwork, then glue the foamboard to that. My question is, does this really need to be done? and here's why I am...
  2. GP30

    Code 80 VS Code 55

    Ok after taking a better look at what switches I had left over after I sold most, it seems as I have enough to start my mainline over. Since most of these switches are code 80 Peco, I'm going to stay with them. When I originaly set up the layout years ago, I was going to go with a double main...
  3. GP30

    How to CORRECTLY model water.

    WOW!! Excellent "how to" !! I've had my river bed on my layout ever since I started building it. I've never had the nerve to try and actually make water before until now. I think it's great for letting us know the cheaper way of doing this other to spend a boat load of cash with Woodland Scenics...
  4. GP30

    Code 80 VS Code 55

    Thank you all very much for replying back. I found it VERY useful indeed. Johnny B :cool:
  5. GP30

    Jerome's Switcher Roster

    Thats an awesome display of swithcers!!! Johnny B :cool:
  6. GP30

    Code 80 VS Code 55

    So what is code for the majority of switches? I guess what I need to know is what are my options for switches in code 80?? Thanks for your reply Sparky Johnny B :cool:
  7. GP30

    Code 80 VS Code 55

    Hello, I am brand new to this forum. I've been trying to build a N scale layout for about 20 + years now.....LOL!! I had a 27 ft x 18 ft layout. I had gone through a split up and had to tear down the layout. Its all bench style. I am now in the process of putiing it all back up and together...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top