ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
P
Lemon
I have seen a mixed bag of reviews on this TT --- I guess I got a lemon because it sure never worked consistently. I am happy with it now with the hard wired set-up that I now have although it was an expensive lesson to learn.:o
-
P
Did you get the kit or the assembled version? I had the kit and I could never get the electrical contacts to work reliably.
P. Orlow
-
P
Walther's 130 foot TT
To GCMR
I solved my particular problem by gutting the electronics from the TT, drilling a small hole through the bottom of the shaft cover plate (the one with the brass contact strips) and hard wired DC power to the motor. I left a loop of wire dangling loose below the...
-
P
I noticed the Mehano website did not list a US distributor. I sure miss IHC since they sold a lot of good kitbash fodder. Their rebranded line of old HO Pola structures could be turned into all sorts of good things and I liked being able to get creative with the locomotives without worrying...
-
P
I turned the same store building into model train store named after the late friend who started me off railfanning 50 plus years ago. Some of these cheapo plastic kits make some really nice structures with a few added parts and careful painting. I scale down some photo backgrounds of building...
-
P
I wish CSX would give their bad track as much attention as they give their paint scheme of the month club.
-
P
I'm 68 and I still play with toy trains. You're only young once but can be childish forever.:)
-
P
Ditto on the Diesel Spotters Guide. Louis Marre has done a grest job compiling pertinent data. As for steam, if you have a specific railroad look at their roster. Almost every RR has a historical society and almost all seem to post roster info on their web sites. Kalmbach also published the...
-
P
Rust-oleum
Rust-oleum also makes several different oxide red primers too. I've used these along with Krylon primer for a little variety then chalk weathered them to more exactly get the shade iI want. Rust-oleum also has a sand colored fine texture paint that is a reasonable approximation for...
-
P
No-ox
I don't know if the NO-OX suggested is the same product I am familiar with but I spent twenty years maintaining telephone central office equipment including battery backup power supplies (with 800 amp/hour lead acid wet cells) and the NO-OX grease we used to protect battery terminals...
-
P
To GG51 - Thanks for the response. I have already tried several different densities of foam as well as several different types of spring arrangements under a plastic fret pushing upward on the contacts. Nothing works consistently. I was hoping for one last ditch miracle cure before resorting to...
-
P
I have a Cornerstone 130' turntable. The indexing system is fine when the motor runs but the drive motor works only intermittently. The brass wipers in the base cover seem to have no spring to them to keep them in contact with the contact PCB on the bottom of the turntable shaft. This has been a...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)