Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. scoobydo

    Kato Maxi IV Well Cars

    I wanted to get some intermodal well cars for my HO line and was liking the KATO ones. However, I'm a bit confused with them and the website is no help. They are $60 street and they offer three different road numbers but was not sure if that was for only 1 well car or the set of 3? Is the set...
  2. scoobydo

    hand rails

    I have been looking for the same thing for my project. Go to the Walthers website and type in "Stanchions". You will get several different types to choose from.
  3. scoobydo

    UPP 809 Auxiliary Water Tender+Handrails

    I wanted to get an auxiliary water tender to run with my HO UP 844. I have not seen any except in O scale. I was planning on doing a kitbash from an existing water tender. Anybody do this or have any idea where to start? A separate question: I also wanted to find out about handrails and...
  4. scoobydo

    Intermountain Railway Trains

    I was thinking of ordering a few from wholesaletrains.com. Are they any good for pre-order stuff? Are you still taking any pre-orders? Thanks.
  5. scoobydo

    Silo Sizing

    Thats awesome! Thank You. That is pretty massive. If shadow length is affected depending on the time of day, how does one account for this? In any event, thank you for your help, this will definitely get me started. I plan on putting my own logo and made-up company for mine. I will...
  6. scoobydo

    Silo Sizing

    Hi guys. I wanted to build a module for taking pics of my locomotives. I saw this pic of a diesel in front of one of Attebury Grain's Silos. It is the one in Saginaw Texas. Now, i don't want to build anything that huge. However, I did like the dimensions of the Silos. I was wondering about...
  7. scoobydo

    Display Case Set: Spirit Train from Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Kitbash and SB

    Very Cool! Are you going to go for a realistic look or more of the cartoon look from the game? Keep us updated.
  8. scoobydo

    Intermountain Railway Trains

    Good to know. I will definitely put a few on order then. Thank You.
  9. scoobydo

    Intermountain Railway Trains

    Anybody know the quality of these trains? My only experience has been with Athearn Genesis Steamers and MTH Steamers and Diesels. I just got some Broadway Limited AC6000's and I was a little disappointed with the flimsy plastic rails that came on it. I recently saw that Intermountain is...
  10. scoobydo

    Fixing Wheelset Flanges

    :)LOL, I suppose you are correct. But even with the gauge, what are the options if they are out of spec? Replacements from MTH? or is there a solution with this set?
  11. scoobydo

    Fixing Wheelset Flanges

    Is there any way to fix wheelset flanges? I have an MTH HO Daylight 4-8-4 Steamer and the front RP-25's seem to derail all the time. I have no problems with my other steamers (4-8-4's as well) or any of my rolling stock. Everything works smoothly with all my cars except this one. The rails seem...
  12. scoobydo

    Ebay prices.. WOW!

    yeah, there is a lot of hobby shops who will post last catalogs stuff for cheap. I scored some great deals. Its just a matter of waiting for what you want. I found that auctions with "Best Offer" are great. If you don't low-ball and offer a decent price, they will take it. However, there...
  13. scoobydo

    Track question:

    I was very disappointed with the Atlas true-track. If you are looking for roadbed track, it does not get any better that the Kato Unitrack. I purchased Atlas and was very unhappy with it. The roadbed does not connect very cleanly and comes apart at a sneeze. Obviously, I am not running a...
  14. scoobydo

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Yeah, you make a good point, but I was thinking along the lines of a touch screen portable. A tablet if you will. Imagine an i-pod/phone about 2 or 3 times the size. That way you are tapping and sliding to control much like an i-pod/phone. I agree that a stationary computer or even a laptop...
  15. scoobydo

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Definitely. I want a wireless system, but am holding off until I hear something concrete from MTH about a new DCS wireless unit. Unfortunately, I have several different brand locos, so I need DCC rather than just DCS. I also have a few Broadway Limited and some Intermountain units coming. I was...
  16. scoobydo

    MTH SD70ACe BNSF 9370

    Bnsf I just got these for my son as well and we love them! I got two of the BNSF's and the UP version. As soon as the NS versions come out, I will be getting a few of those as well. I also have the UP Heritage 1996 on Order. Since I have the MTH SP 4449, that should be fun to have as a...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top