Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. J

    1/87th Vehicles

    wow, for a few seconds I thought I was looking at a real picture! stone
  2. J

    Atlas HO Scale Conrail Quality Dash8-40CW

    Ok, thanks guys. I was in a hobby store today and saw some Bachman units.. and they looked pretty good. Just wondered if they made a leep forward or something. I'm planning on doing an Ex-Conrail unit lettered for CN but still in blue.. Stone
  3. J

    Atlas HO Scale Conrail Quality Dash8-40CW

    Conrail C40-8W Is there a great deal of difference between the HO Bachman and Atlas..? Stone
  4. J

    Scalecoat

    I remember starting off with BN cascade green then adding something else. I'm also doing a KCS engine in gray and can't remember how I mixed it, I remember starting with MOW gray.. but I might be wrong Stone
  5. J

    Uninstall DCC

    A note in the box the loco came in says decoder 83fx and Digitrax DH140 I'm going to eventually make all his motors Dcc when I learn more about it. I use to be in the hobby then stopped. Now I'm a locomotive engineer in real life and decided to build him a decent 24 X 18 layout in my...
  6. J

    Uninstall DCC

    Sorry about the lack of details guys.. its a Kato GP35 H.O scale. The decoder shows to be a digitrax. I put it on the track and nothing, I disconnected the connector (unplugged it) and still nothing.. Building a Southern Highhood GP35 #2695 in the tuxedo scheme for my sons local switcher... Stone
  7. J

    Uninstall DCC

    Bought a locomotive (Kato) with DCC, nice engine for my 9 yr old son. I'm sure one day all his engines will be DCC but for now they are not. Was wondering how hard is it to un-install the dcc ??? Stone
  8. J

    Stubborn Blue Box Paint

    Two things.. one comment and one question. I work for NS, and the other day I was on a geep. Walking around my geep I could see where they painted over the Southern paint scheme. I could see underneath the NS black paint the outline of the stripe that goes around the engine and also the...
  9. J

    Everyone post a picture of your best Weathering!!

    SD45 Kato HO I wouldn't sy this is my "best", but it's my favorite.. Stone
  10. J

    HLCX decals

    Thanks !!!! Stone
  11. J

    HLCX decals

    I have a really nice running SD40-2 that I'm doing as a HLCX ex-BN locomotive. My question is.. Does anyone know a good decal sheet to use for doing the "HLCX" ???? stone
  12. J

    Scalecoat

    Dan, thanks for the advice.. but I've never found anything that "lays down" like scalecoat, Stone
  13. J

    Scalecoat

    Hello all.. I am wanting to paint a MP15AC in Katy GREEN. I've done this paint job before, but I don't remember what I mixed to come up with the right color (I've been out of the painting "scene" for a while..) I know I started with Burlington Northern Cascade Green, but I can't remember the...
  14. J

    Hello from Virginia

    December 23, 1988 my brother and me went to a hobby store. We were going to hang out all weekend so we wanted some things to do. He bought a model car and I found a Southern Pacific engine and bought 5 cars and enough track for a figure 8. I watched it go round and round for 12 hours.. Now I'm a...
  15. J

    Port of Los Angeles

    YES! That's it..! Thanks.. I'm building my son a layout, it's going to be 18 X 24 and I'm looking for a couple of switching dilemmas for him. i can incorporate this into it somehow.. Thanks again. Stone
  16. J

    Port of Los Angeles

    A few years ago I read the article of the Port Of Los Angeles. I was wondering if anyone has a rendition of the track plan.. i did a couple of searches to no avail, any help would be appreciated.. Stone
  17. J

    Your favorite locomotive?

    Mine will always be a A-B-B-A lash up of GP60M in war bonnets paint, with 133 in the lead (because I've been in it before).. stone




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top