Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Athearn SW1500 Pwr. Und. So. Pac. type I purchased this engine ten years ago with the hopes of decorating it; after 10 years, it still sits in it's original box. I'm thinking of selling it on Ebay, would anyone know the approximate value of the engine?
  2. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Stanley Nail Set I had a similar tool, this plywood is too hard, I could never push the nail in. I was thinking of drilling a hole as Duke 94 suggested, but my pin vice will not hold a drill that small. I've attached a photo of Stanley's nail set, the only reason I haven't ordered yet, is I...
  3. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Nail Set for track nails I bend a lot of the nails with my hammer and punch. Does anyone use a "self-centering" nail set? If so could you supply the make and model number of it?
  4. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Perhaps I shouldn't have said "ALL" Quality pays. When derailments, not associated with the mind, started showing again, it was ALWAYS the older Athearn box cars that I added the weight to. The factory trucks apparently didn't like the extra weight. The mount on the plastic frame for these...
  5. B

    MRC AD310 Decoder @ Proto 2000 GP18

    Thank you, I found my paperwork.
  6. B

    MRC AD310 Decoder @ Proto 2000 GP18

    Found Proto 2000 GP18 booklets Thank you, all information is helpful, welcomed and appreciated. The information you posted is for a different decoder, a later model. I finally found my paperwork for the GP18, there are an addition two screws, concealed pretty good, in the back of each engine...
  7. B

    MRC AD310 Decoder @ Proto 2000 GP18

    Proto 2000 G18 According to the instructions, there are 6 screws securing the weight and engine to the chassis. In the photo, I was able to get two brass screws out. The other four holes look like the have rubber plugs. I tried pulling one out, hoping to reveal a screw, but was unsuccessful...
  8. B

    MRC AD310 Decoder @ Proto 2000 GP18

    Mrc I am beginning to see your point about this company, the instructions for their Command 2000 DCC controller are poorly written also. This is the last of 6 decoders made by them that I purchased 8 years ago. When I get this last one figured out, what brand would you recommend for any future...
  9. B

    MRC AD310 Decoder @ Proto 2000 GP18

    I am having trouble wiring the last of my 6 good engines to the DCC decoder. If you look at the attached photo of their instructions, they list wire colors to all connections EXCEPT one. One side of the motor connect to the decoder orange wire, the other engine connection is the MYSTERY?
  10. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Older more Patient I built this layout 8 years ago. Today, at age 60, I have more patience than I ever had at age 52. Now the REAL fun starts, "tweaking" all the little things that I couldn't see years ago. After three week of working on it again, I corrected ALL the derailments associated...
  11. B

    HO Car Derailments

    A Bit Heavy! Without the scale, this test was just to prove that weight would help stop the derailments; which it did. What I never planned on, was needing a helper engine to get the test car UP the "Torsney-Pass" GRADE!!
  12. B

    HO Car Derailments

    SPDT Momentary Switch w/ Center Off A sp/"S"t switch is a basic on/off switch. For a turnout you need A sp/"D"t configuration. The "D" in place of the "S" stands for DOUBLE throw (two choices). Because it's a solenoid were are switching, between two (double throw) choices, we only need...
  13. B

    HO Car Derailments

    For Atlas 150-66 Your stating I can use any SPST switch, to control the Atlas 150-66 switch?
  14. B

    HO Car Derailments

    NMRA Weight Standard I finally got my scale, it is a real beauty, perfect for any model railroad hobbyist. I now know why I need a helper engine to climb those train-board grades during my initial test, each freight car was OVER 6 ounces! In the first photo you can see the steel bar I used. In...
  15. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Photos? Thank you, do you have any digital photos of this setup?
  16. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Turnout switch machine update I now have the layout running without any derailment for NOW. The only time I suffer a derailment is attributed to "operator error," I forget to throw a turnout switch. This bring me to my next question, upgrading the Atlas standard electric switch machine, to...
  17. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Deja Vu What I can't understand is why a train runs without derailing for a long time, then all of a sudden, starts all over again? When my SD40 started derailing AGAIN at the "reverse track" turnout, I was shocked. After some fact searching, I found the front axle, of the front truck, was...
  18. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Thank you! ............with a clean dry cloth. Thank you, I now know EXACTLY what "gleam" means. All I have to say is that some people are more into this hobby than others! If I can't find anyone that states, "I own this product and it works GREAT!" I will stick with my present track...
  19. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Experience Do you have any experience with this "GLEAM" product? I found this on Ebay, is it what you are talking about? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gleam-Super-Bleach-Gel-Pen---Pack-Of-2---Great-Item!_W0QQitemZ250350416757QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090101?IMSfp=TL090101115001r13170 The price...
  20. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Where is the information? Thanks for all the links, BUT: All of the links you gave me, lead me to the same place; but I can't get past that point; How do I find the CMX clean machine at that website?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top