Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Making Progress Thanks Jim, I had some extra "clear" 1 X 4 pine boards laying around, some body might think it's "overkill" but the extension is rock solid. Eight 22 inch radius tracks and a 4 inch straight track in the middle fit the width perfectly. It's going to be a lot easier than I...
  2. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Train-board Extension temporally clamped in place I got my wood yesterday. Today I constructed the basic fame and clamped it to the West end of the layout. If there are any carpenters out there, I would appreciate input on the best way to brace the extension. I was thinking if not a brace to...
  3. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Tiffin is surviving pretty well for this type of economic downturn. An individual own the company, the founder, not a corporation. I researched long and hard, Tiffin was the obvious choice for me. Now two and a half years later, I am still very glad I purchased a Tiffin. Their customer service...
  4. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Tiffin Allegro FRED Open Road 32L Ever since I straightened out the bugs in the track, the only derailments I now get are caused by the owner/operator! As I replace more of the switches with red/green LEDs, those mistakes are disappearing. I found that Achilles boat with Nissan motor last...
  5. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Glad to be back! Thanks for the welcome Jim, I not too concerned about the track being too close to the edge, because its that way all around the layout. After a prolonged absence from this hobby, my first priority was to correct all of the track deficiencies. With that addressed, one of my...
  6. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Final track addition to Berkshire Valley Route After another wonderful summer aboard our RV, we are back in San Antonio, Florida and I am anxious to get back into my Model Railroad layout. The last track refinement I plan to make is to connect the theoretical WEST end of the yard to the...
  7. B

    HO Car Derailments

    Athearn agrees with you! I probably didn't make it too clear in my post, but the Athearn "Genesis" product line has just switched from MRC decoders to Digitrax. My only Genesis locomotive had to be returned to the factory within a week after getting it, because of a defective MRC decoder...
  8. B

    HO Car Derailments

    The "Word-processor" is ALSO mightier than the Sword! ......................our search for your return and are pleased to inform you that it has been located. Our sincere apologies for the delay in processing your refund. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank...
  9. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Beautiful, you have talent! Cool, what a difference looking at the layout I build so long ago with scenery; it took me a little time to recognize it. Your's looks professional, no different than any I've seen in Model Railroader magazine. I can see what you mean by your a scenery guy, where...
  10. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Smaller Photos Before you can post the photos you must to make their digital content smaller. If you don't have such reducing software, it is a free download from Microsoft; I have been using it for years. I've attached a link, when you go to it, scroll down the right side of window to...
  11. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Photos Do you have any digital photos you could post? You might be interested in this link: http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/1090 I'm basically happy with the layout, the second reverse track gave the trains a lot more routes. I plan on final addition to the layout; I'm going to...
  12. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    New Bridge Construction at "East-End" Loop The developers of the property known as the "East-end Loop," won concession from the City government for development of the property. First up, is two expansive one thousand, five hundred, sixty-six foot Truss Bridges. The City also promised to replace...
  13. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    2nd Reverse Track Installed, done! I got that "Title"(.........done!) from "Windows Update." Anyone who would taken anything wrong from anyone's advice should "Get A Life!" Life's experience has taught me to take all advice given and make up my own mind what is good or bad. If anyone thinks...
  14. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Realistic Operation Thanks for the formula, it looks like the individual at AtlassRR doesn't know what he is talking about; this isn't the first time I got bad advice from a supposed expert. I'm not too concerned about the "lack" of available space for scenery; my goal with this layout is to...
  15. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Work Continues Having built this layout years ago, combined with being kept in a dry central air-conditioned home dried out the wood. After marking and cutting for the new reverse section of track, my concern was the the wood would split when I start to lift it. I soaked two of the biggest...
  16. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Nothing would surprise me, if you have the math formula to caculate "grades," kindly post it. The attached photo of the layout is all that I have.
  17. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Progress on 2nd Reverse Track continues.......... ............more photos.
  18. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Progress on 2nd Reverse Track Yesterday I realized that the bridge had to stick out a little further from the WEST main line; my new F45 Athearn Genesis locomotive had a clearance problem. I cut a piece of plywood the correct size, glued and nailed it into position, with cut pieces of a paint...
  19. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    Photo of Problem This photo should be a little more informative than arrows. Above with the track bumper is where the bridge will connect, below is the entrance to the rail-yard.
  20. B

    Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

    No Switches YET There are no switches installed yet to draw arrows to. The problem is how to activate an Atlas solenoid, with the DP/DT switch and voltages available at the Tortoise. Many year ago when I studied electronics as a hobby, I remember a circuit called a "one-shot multi-vibrator."...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top