ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Nice layout in such a small space. Good job!! :D
-
I put together a small oval downstairs to test some trains with my grandson. This is the first time he has seen HO running and he is just amazed at it. He asks me everyday if we can go down and run the trains. I have decided to build a 4x8 layout that is easier to reach. :rolleyes: I've looked...
-
There are eight remaining Big Boys around and I have seen five of them. My first was the Dallas Museum, then the two big boys on top of the hill in Omaha (one a diesel), the one in Cheyenne, the one above in Denver and the last one in St. Louis even though we missed the museum by thirty minutes...
-
I'm no where close to being a millionaire by no means. I would be lucky to make it to thousandaire today. But he is right. It is the small things that we don't think about that drains the wallet. Your out for the day and you need a drink, a meal, you buy this and that, and then another meal...
-
2-8-8-2
Here are a couple of pics of the other engine.
Any suggestions? I know the comments will flow freely. ;)
-
Last year a friend of mine from church visited and brought over a couple of trains he had for years that he couldn't run on his small layout because of the wide turns they needed. I liked to have fallen over when he pulled out a Big Boy 4-8-8-4 (my favorite) and a 2-8-8-2. I literally drooled :p...
-
Dropped by the Toys-R-Us tonight and they didn't have any 1/87th vehicles that I could find. I also couldn't find anybody to ask so we left. We also went to the K-mart and they only have construction vehicles like the ones I bought form WM. The only difference is they were not as detailed as the...
-
Thanks, that explained it. Plus they have a video http://www.kadee.com/htmbord/videos.htm that shows the operation of the magne-matic couplers in action. There is a lot of train action in the video so it is about half way through the video before they actually show the couple/decouple action.
-
Then you need to help me out with some of those unneeded locomotives and rolling stock. :D
-
The Saga Continues
My wife didn't say anything about the purchase yesterday. We are sitting in the living room holding hands :o when she looks me in the eyes and says..."don't make me cut-off your train spending". :eek: Where did that come from? I said...in a low submissive voice...what train...
-
I placed them next to the CAT's and they looked big as well. Of course this is my first HO truck so I have nothing else to compare it to. I will figure someway to use it if it is nothing else then to stick the readend out for the corner of a building to show a truck is there. :rolleyes:
-
Sounds like an insurance job to me. I used to belong to a volunteer fire department outside of Myrtle Beach, SC. I joined right after the county built all the uncovered areas new buildings and gave them all new fire trucks. We fought over 100 fires the first month. Most of them being vehicles...
-
Great videos. I watched all of them with real interest. When are you coming out with the next one? Your fans want to know.
I have not used Kadee couplers so I'm guessing when the coupler passes over the magnet causes the bent metal piece on the coupler to move over and then the engine can...
-
My vote goes to Xtrakcad. I find it simple to use once I went through the built in tutorial and practiced with it. I really really neat thing is you can consist a train and run it on the layout. :D I've had three or four trains running at one time. This makes it life like to see how you will...
-
My bad. :rolleyes: I have watched too many movies on YouTube about "switching" and most of them are...hold that pinkie out...British. I've seen some really good ones from across the pond.
-
I'm Crazy
Went to Walmart like I said I would. Found the three remaining CAT tractors that were left, Two bulldozers and a road grader @ $9 ea. Can you say mine :rolleyes: They also had four semi trucks @ $3 each that I couldn't pass up. There are three of the green and one black truck. I know...
-
Look at the bright side...you don't have to paint the background. You already have a blue sky wall. :D Keep us posted.
-
Isn't that more of a ramp yard than a hump yard? I've never seen one like that where the engine stops and the car rolls down the ramp into the yard. I like it though.
-
Wolfgang, these are GREAT videos and just what I was looking for. I like the way you tell the watcher what is going on. It makes it more interesting then just watching the trains move around without knowing why.
Thanks :)
-
She was alittle PO'd that I had spent that much but it was manageable. She stated that she didn't buy a little western box with a saddle on it because she didn't want to spend the money. She said she was going to go back and buy it. :) I said sure, go ahead, the store still had one Great...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)