Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 911-9/9-17

    Great stuff again this week. Still doing trackwork but here is a "mood" shot of a freight leaving Avalon station.
  2. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 9-04/9-10

    Can't get any cheaper then this. 3 year old Kodak digital. Just sitting on a flat car and going slow!
  3. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 9-04/9-10

    You guys with your sceniced layouts.... I working as fast as I can!!! Doing track work all last week. Finished the last two hand laid switched at the crest of the "widowmaker" to the second level. Got sick of spiking so decided to play a bit. Climb aboard our Alco RS-1 No.801 and lets...
  4. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8-28/9-03

    Matt: Thank you so much for the information and great pictures. They look so nice and your workmanship is fantastic!
  5. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8-28/9-03

    My railroad is set in Tennessee circa 1947 so there are many "homes" like that. We finally crested the "widowmaker', our 4.5% helper grade, and got a maintenance siding in. Now we begin the upper level. Actually I got sick of spiking and took a break;)
  6. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8-28/9-03

    Welcome to the crap shack! Now to build a still...:rolleyes:
  7. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8-21/8-27

    Thanks. It's an older, but still made, Evergreen Hills kit. Mostly board by board but fun. Many extras just to jack it up a bit. Moe: "Didn't you say your full name was Curly Q. Link?" Curly: "You know my name is Curly Q. Link." Larry: "What does the 'Q' stand...
  8. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8-21/8-27

    Hey, we all started somewhere. Do you think I post my screwups :rolleyes: Not a bad start. There are many ways to do roads and I am sure others will chime in as I have not got that far yet.
  9. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8-21/8-27

    Jeffery, great looking backdrops. I am not a fan of what I call "cartoon clouds". Your horizon looks very well done. Grampy, another wonderful view. Simply beautiful modeling! Link Brothers Express owned by Bob O. Link and Curly Q. Link. The sign was not finished so it's just sitting for...
  10. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8/14- 8/20

    I don't spend that kind of money on a car, but they are handmade & handpainted in England. Made in white metal. Very limited production. In otherwords, "thems for lookin', not for playin with" :D http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/diecast/brooklin.htm As for why they appear to have...
  11. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8/14- 8/20

    Ready to run by First Responce. They did two for each state. http://www.diecastdirect.com/asp_modules/add_item.asp?ProductCode=FR-1941-AK
  12. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8/14- 8/20

    Nice cars, just to new for me. My layout is set in Tennessee about 1947. I was lucky to see these on sale. Hard to find older cars in O Scale. Well 1/43 but close enough.
  13. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8/14- 8/20

    Matt: That tank is something! So how hard are the band tighteners to make???? I just looked at your site. You are an artist! Wallpaper, like many things I do, I Google around, 1940's wallpaper and find an image. Then bring it into Photoshop and resize and print. The White sewing machine...
  14. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8/14- 8/20

    Thanks guys. Your close up of No. 633 is great! Some day, when the track is finished I'l start the scenery process :rolleyes:
  15. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8/14- 8/20

    Sneak peak of a new project. The RD&S no longer needed an office in town so they leased the building to a new tenant. They will still use the second floor to house their crews on layover. First floor ready for new business as more lumber is being delivered. Upstairs for crews.
  16. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8/7- 8/13

    Turned out great! The back lighting is very effective.
  17. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8/7- 8/13

    Wow.... fantastic scenery!
  18. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 8/7- 8/13

    Bubbles Ice. Bubbles, our dog's name... (don't ask), now has a place to cool off as well as load cars.
  19. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 7/31- 8/6

    The prototype was in my mind.:D But growing up in Wisconsin it was a combination of many places I remember growing up. Pabst and Old Style.... those days are gone forever.
  20. railroad-guy

    Weekly Photo Fun 7/31- 8/6

    Joe's Diner. Where the crews eat....




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top