Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Rogue

    Bachmann HO EMD GP38-2 Santa Fe #3502

    Just won one of these on Ebay for my wife who is collecting together SF items so that she can begin her own layout later in the year! I haven't bought Bachmann before and all my US locos are either Athearn or Atlas, so I was wondering if I have I made a good, or at least reasonable decision...
  2. Rogue

    Seaboard passenger trains?

    Hope this helps! http://www.flickr.com/photos/corsec5/2652030435/ According to Wlikipedia, the following passenger routes were undertaken by Seaboard Seaboard Florida Limited, inaugurated 1903 Heavyweight, winter-season only (December - April), all-Pullman, New York to Tampa; later...
  3. Rogue

    D&RGW Platte Canyon Subdivision

    I ask myself, can it get any better? Brilliant stuff! :)
  4. Rogue

    Loco Brand Questions

    I have an Athearn/Walthers P42 in Phase V colours and it looks great and runs like a dream, I definately recommend them!
  5. Rogue

    Modern Fueling facilities

    The one noted by Jim above is on sale at the moment from Walthers themselves! http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-2908
  6. Rogue

    UP Heritage?

    Saw some pics of the prototype UP Heritage locos in particular UP1989 in the Rio Grande colour scheme which I thought was just brilliant. Have any of the model railroad manufacturers, Athearn, Atlas etc ever produced any HO RTR versions?
  7. Rogue

    Birmingham History - Republic Steel Thomas Plant. Dial up Destruction, new pics P7/8

    This is just great stuff, Eric. Have you considered publishing a book of your photography and historical investigations? it's that impressive! George
  8. Rogue

    D&RGW Platte Canyon Subdivision

    Working my way round the forums and finally got to looking at this thread and all I can say is wow! what a fantastic layout! and what awesome photography too! Kudos!
  9. Rogue

    Weekend Photo Fun 30-31-1

    :eek: Love that rock work DK, just brilliant!
  10. Rogue

    Amcrash passenger trains on tehachapi loop?

    I googled Tehachapi and it makes for very interesting reading. It is now owned by Union Pacific who currently run freight through it. BNSF also uses the loop under a trackage rights agreement. It also says that it is a very popular Railfanning spot! No Amtrak though! :(
  11. Rogue

    The park project

    That is a fantastic idea Jeffrey. I have purchased a memorial for my UK layout which I am pleased with although I haven't quite decided where to place it yet! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hornby-Skaledale-War-Memorial/dp/B000A7IIXE/ref=pd_sim_k_h_b_cs_img_4
  12. Rogue

    The park project

    Great stuff Jeffrey, I think a baseball diamond would be a great addition too!
  13. Rogue

    Following a train through the Sierras

    Awesome photo!
  14. Rogue

    Following a train through the Sierras

    There is always something that gets to me seeing Locomotives going over bridges! Great stuff!
  15. Rogue

    I haven't shown off in a while

    Great video, I just love the sound your US locos make!
  16. Rogue

    Broadway Ltd

    Thanks everyone for your favourable views!
  17. Rogue

    Broadway Ltd

    Thinking of getting this: http://www.modeljunction.info/estore/product_info.php?products_id=11645 but haven't come across this manufacturer before. Any input as regards quality etc would be gratefully appreciated! :)
  18. Rogue

    Southern Railroad's "Fishtrap" Tunnel

    Brilliant photographs, I love pictures of abandoned ralroads, although there is sadness that they are abandoned, and here in the UK we have more than our fair share. In Glasgow there are quite a few and I really should get round to photographing some myself. My favourite is the low level station...
  19. Rogue

    Athearn Quality?

    I've never been to California, Jim, I've widely travelled the North East (my wife is a Jersey girl) particularly NY, NJ and PA so I'm looking forward to SF. Many thanks for the heads up on that store! :)
  20. Rogue

    Athearn Quality?

    Jim My only British loco with lighting was bought for me by my wife for my birthday. It is an EWS Class 60 http://www.hornby.com/locomotives-89/ews-class-60-r2488/ It cost, with a discount, £90 inclusive of vat (which is currently 17.5%) which roughly translates as $180. It is my...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top