Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. E

    Wow

    And the bad thing about it is, they are in BN paint! Hopefully BNSF don't go to the junkyard and renumber all of those too...
  2. E

    Concept in mind, not sure how to start

    Yep that is. And that is only to rise 1 foot so if you wanted 2 feet between the two levels that would be 96 feet of track. If you think that bothers you, wait till you get into curve radius and such (unless you have already been through and/or tackled that concept).
  3. E

    Going right through the wall.

    Yeah I'd build a hill, or if you are lazy (like I am) than I'd try to draw one.
  4. E

    Spirit of 76

    So basically I'll just need to power route to get the booster's short circuit to work.
  5. E

    Spirit of 76

    Oh! I'm glad you said that. Ok so what would I connect to them, feeders? Also if I was to find one of the Shinohara double crossover I'd have to do the same right?
  6. E

    Spirit of 76

    Thanks alot. I've been trying to figure that out for the longest. I won't have to use the orange insulators since I use DCC. Sorry to hijack your thread.
  7. E

    Sd-40-3

    CN has a few SD40-3's. Here is a picture with a SD40-2 and a SD40-3 both in CN paint. http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2427205730061480584hCzFNj As you can see they both look very similar. You can find quite a few of these in the Chicago/Northern IL area or Wisconsin and Minnesota. I don't know...
  8. E

    Spirit of 76

    What degree crossover did you use to make that double crossover?
  9. E

    layout question

    I'll try to see if I can get you a pic of the way I'd build a portable 4x8 because it's not really able to be explained (by me that is, I am not good at explaining things).
  10. E

    layout question

    What are the dimensions of the table?
  11. E

    New 4x8 Layout

    But if you could, you really should see if you can widen your table to 5 feet. That extra foot will allow for a lot more stuff. Than you can have wider curves, additional sidings, and your track wouldn't hang off the edge of the layout LOL! But if you don't have the space, don't worry about it.
  12. E

    New 4x8 Layout

    Well I won't tell you to change your layout, but if you'd like to keep it the same you should drop the upper level. If you do decide to change your layout I'd recommend looking through these two books just to get an idea...
  13. E

    New 4x8 Layout

    Your raised tracl is awfully close to the edge. Any idea on how you will keep them from falling off? You might be able to get away with maybe a 4 1/2% grade but you'd have to custom build it so really you'd need a 5% grade. If you plan on running trains of 10 cars, you'd need maybe 3 locomotives...
  14. E

    Is ATLAS Dash 8-40 C compatible with Bachman?

    So have your bachmann controller worked with any other Atlas Locos?
  15. E

    Is ATLAS Dash 8-40 C compatible with Bachman?

    Are you talking about the Bachmann Digital Command Control system? I use that system (sadly) and I think it doesn't work because it only programs one digit addresses and most decoders take 2 or 4 digit addresses. Maybe if it's not a Bachmann decoder it probably won't work. I am changing from the...
  16. E

    My Layouts

    That's a nice layout or layouts. What are the dimensions of your main layout?
  17. E

    Poor service?

    Well yes if Athearn's very own distributor had them, they had to get them from somewhere... And it's not like Atlas will be selling them lol, so Athearn probably told you they didn't have them in stock to avoid having to send you a new truck and the fact they didn't say "We will send you a new...
  18. E

    C & S West-Short Line

    Are you sure your locos will be able to climb that 8% grade? That is pretty steep, 4% is steep too.
  19. E

    Poor service?

    Did you order the part from Athearn's site or did you order it form some other online retailer? Also if you ordered from another retailer can you give me the name?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top