ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
E
Atlas has 24'' for code 83 only.
-
E
Are you using the magnets for the Heljan container crane? If so whats the longest container you can use with it
-
E
You still have to buy decoders for DCC ready engines but the loco is already wired to accept the decoder and in most cases just plugs right in.
As for your other question, DCC is able to do this because a consist of locomotives acts as one locomotive. Since DCC uses addresses, it makes both...
-
-
E
Well I didn't make a big skip from 22" curves. 26" on the inside, 28" on the outside.
-
E
I can relate to the first two. Well I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I wanted wider curves and to ballast but it's impossible to ballast Power Loc track since the roadbed is permanent. And the widest curves allowed are 22' curves... yuck! So I am buying atlas code 83. I think it was me to...
-
E
I am still a beginner, but have learned some things and am curious to know what were your mistakes you made when beginning the hobby?
My mistake was going out before reading anything and purchasing several hundred dollars of life like Power Loc track just to find out I would use Atlas code...
-
E
Airslide, that BNSF image is my background for my computer! I love these Dash 9's from BNSF in Heritage II and Heritage III
http://duluthsuperior.railfan.net/images/BNSF_coal_train_June_2000.jpg
And I also like the SD70MAC in H2 Scheme...
-
E
ok by command 2000 I thought you were talking about Bachmann Command 2000.
-
E
Are those #6 or #8 turnouts?
-
E
It's just for laughs calm down, it's not that serious.
-
E
lol the car ran into the flat car with the semi trailer and made it go that fast? I think I saw that one on the news.
-
E
Mike throttle one is not for DC engines, throttle ten is. I never had this problem before though. You should contact your manufacturer.
-
E
Well one thing I can say is, you'd need to get very popular because I wouldn't be so comfortable letting a stranger who wants to film my layout in my house and I'm sure others will feel the same. I'd say show your face at a lot of open houses, train shows, and clubs to become popular with the...
-
E
Yes I'm up for this idea but you should try to do this before MR does. Once they start you will have a hard time catching up since all of the MR fans (Almost all of the model railroad community) will like what they do. But if you get a head start you'll have a better chance. Besides alot of...
-
E
I recommend you download the manual for the Prodigy Advanced 2. The Prodigy Advance 2 Has all of the features that Jerry compared for the starter systems and than you could make your choice and so does the Power Pro (The next step with NCE). I say this because you should look at the upgrade...
-
E
Well I'm not sure about the NCE powercab but I know the MRC express can be fully upgraded easily into an Advance squared or wireless so there is plenty of room for expansion if you ever feel like you want a system with more features. The advanced Squared wouldn't be necessary for your purpose.
-
E
Yes. The prodigy Express can support up to 20 cabs.
-
E
So these same problems Doug is having won"t happen with newer locos/equipment would it?
-
E
But if you have the space I'd recommend 22" Radius curves just for expansion reasons. If you do ever want to expand your layout and put some bigger equipment on their you'd have to replace most curves (I was using 18" and 22" curves, but decided now that I am replacing all of my curves with flex...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)