Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Davejb

    Digitrax vs. NCE USB Adapter

    Actually that's not true, I'm in the PC business and we constantly have clients requiring a serial port on their new laptops, they do exist.
  2. Davejb

    Steam Locomotive Marker Lights

    I found a how to if it helps. http://markschutzer.com/Markers/Marker_page1.htm
  3. Davejb

    When is your LHS open?

    I have no LHS :(
  4. Davejb

    My chase of UP 844

    Absolutely beautiful, what I wouldn't give to see that in person!
  5. Davejb

    Let's see your first layout

    This is my very first layout, I think I was around 10 so that would put it about 33 years ago. My sister recently got all of the families super 8 movies put on DVD and this was on one of them. I believe this was x-mas morning when I got an HO set, the entire base was used by the time I left for...
  6. Davejb

    NCE/MRC decoder issues

    Agreed, but I would say that it would be next to impossible to be able to stick with a single mfg for both your DCC controller AND all of the required decoders.
  7. Davejb

    NCE/MRC decoder issues

    The stock MRC decoder in my Athearn Challenger programs just fine, just these 2 1811's that won't. I'm going to be purchasing a Kato Pennsy E8 before long, and again it seems the only drop in decoder is from MRC :( so we'll see how that one does.
  8. Davejb

    NCE/MRC decoder issues

    It's actually CV125 to reset defaults, and it only resets 2 CV's, the short address and I forget which other one, it doesn't reset all of them, according to MRC support.
  9. Davejb

    Wooden "Paper Clips"

    They do, if I was paying attention I would have noticed that!
  10. Davejb

    NCE/MRC decoder issues

    It's the 1811, thanks for the reply, I'll track down that list, wouldn't surprise me if it's not there either.
  11. Davejb

    Wooden "Paper Clips"

    Those are also called clothes hangers, been using them for ages for various clamping duties, the work great don't they!
  12. Davejb

    NCE/MRC decoder issues

    Of course, I'm just looking to see if a solution exists, a long shot at best probably, and I'd be more inclined to believe the problem is with the decoder, not NCE :eek: Just makes it harder to try to speed match the two locos and get them consisted using only the program track, but it looks...
  13. Davejb

    NCE/MRC decoder issues

    I figured that out already, I know the problem is the decoder, the point of this post was to see if anyone else using MRC decoders has had the same problem and had found a solution. Is that not the point of discussion forums such as this? Benefit from others experience? Not trying to be rude at...
  14. Davejb

    NCE/MRC decoder issues

    Ok, well your information is a bit out of date, newer MRC decoders read back just fine on non MRC systems. I don't think I was being rude at all, but that's neither here nor there, MRC blamed NCE for the problem.
  15. Davejb

    NCE/MRC decoder issues

    The only other people that were "bashed" were those that replied with the same tired old "MRC sucks. I've found all of the forums I visit a great help, answers like that aren't in line with the normal quality of help I see being dolled out on a regular basis. What the decoder manual actually...
  16. Davejb

    NCE/MRC decoder issues

    Not really a useful reply. Why is it when ever a thread comes up about MRC decoders everyone feels the need to trash them, many people use them without problems, "MRC decoders are trash" doesn't add anything useful to the discussion.
  17. Davejb

    NCE/MRC decoder issues

    Using my Power Cab I cannot program my MRC 1811 sound decoders on the main, but using JMRI with the NCE USB interface I can, anyone else had this issue and figured it out?
  18. Davejb

    "Scooping" out foam

    I'd just carve the general shape with a knife, then use a rasp to get the final shape
  19. Davejb

    painting portals?

    Thanks very much for the info, I hope mine turn out as good as yours look :)
  20. Davejb

    painting portals?

    Selector, one question, do you seal your castings before you paint or just paint? I've seen sites that recommend sealing before doing any painting. By the way, that portal looks outstanding, I will be using your method to paint my portals and retaining walls.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top