Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. D

    Freight Yard LHS Phoenix AZ

    Tim and I go way back, and he's just a few minutes from my home in Tempe. He is not the cheapest but sure is nice to deal with . I'll stick with him as he's closer. Thanks
  2. D

    Freight Yard LHS Phoenix AZ

    At least we still have Roy's Train World
  3. D

    Why is the hobby in trouble?

    Seems most of us are older now days, thank heavens I already have what I need to have a great time. Things just aren't the same anymore, people, and times have changed, and I don't remember when it changed. I do know that space for a layout now days is really tough to come by. Lost my layout to...
  4. D

    Model Power 2-6-0 mogul

    I've been thinking of the 4-4-0, it lookd great, and I'm glad to hear it runs great also, thanks for adding that.
  5. D

    Model Power 2-6-0 mogul

    I just purchased one of these little gems, and boy do I love it. Will use it on a short line logging operation. I contacted Model Power, and let them know how much I like it, and also asked them if they would consider producing a ten wheeler. I think if more of us would contact the...
  6. D

    cats and model trains

    A good friend of mine is a cat lover, and he has had problems with cat hair in the running gear of his locomotives since he started, I continually have to disassemble his locos and cars to remove cat hair fouling his wheel sets and gear boxes. He loves his cats, so won't ban em from his layout...
  7. D

    Atlas C-420

    I don't have any pics, and am not sure how, all I have is a laptop. You can go to the Atlas website and find the pics though. The Arizona and California RR has a similar paint scheme. They're different, and look nice. The Apache Railway site has photos of their equipment also. Sorry.
  8. D

    ANyone from Arizona?

    HI, I'm in Tempe, but in N scale. I was just accepted into the sun n sand bunch in Scottsdale. I signed up to run on one of four available tracks with the club, president. Drove our today to run my trains, and was told by some bum in the club that I couldn't run, as I didn't sign up, so I left...
  9. D

    Atlas C-420

    I managed to snag two Atlas C-420's in the ol green and white Apache railway logo. Wow!!!!! what a beauty, and what a runner. It was worth every penny I paid for them. Now if I could just afford a few more. ha ha:D
  10. D

    What are your Scratchbuilt Items made from?

    Wow, I hadn't thought of wal mart, going to go give it a try. I've gone to places that use two inch foam sheets for scenery details on my layout. Thanks
  11. D

    168 ton bottle car drawings

    I need some help, if any of you know where I can get some pictures and drawings of this 168 ton bottle car, I'd greatly appreciate it. Am wanting to scratchbuild som steel mill cars and need some reference material that i can use for N scale models. I know there are a few kits available, but...
  12. D

    Model Power steamers

    Has anyone had much experience with the Model power 2-6-0, and the 4-4-0 american locos they produce? I would like to get some good running smaller locos for a logging shortline, and this and the atlas mogal seem to be the choices, could some of you guys N gals let me know of your experiences so...
  13. D

    Atlas Shay

    Thanks man, sure appreciate the photo;s. I sure appreciate the good comments on running qualities to. Can't wait to own one of these little gems.
  14. D

    Atlas Shay

    Thanks Mr. Coltspguy, that reaffirms my commitment to get at least one for my own road. I was just overwhelmed by the one I finally got to see run. i only wish he had ran it around the layout instead of a couple of trips back and forth in the yard. I am building up a set of log cars for my own...
  15. D

    Making COLOR decals at home

    I don't know about everyone else, but I have an ink jet printer and I buy decal sheets in clear, then download what I need in the size and format I like, then hit the ol print button, and the printer fixes me up. I've had very little problems with any color. Don't think I'm an expert, I'm about...
  16. D

    Is the economy hurting your hobby?

    Well, For some forty years I've been laying in supplies so when I retire, I can build away. I have a lot of stuff now as I'd planned so that when I retire I will require very little in the way of supplies. Then I got divorced, lost my basement. Remarried, and have no place now for more than a...
  17. D

    Ran off UP yard by Federal employee.

    I used to watch trains in the Winslow, AZ yard when SF rulled the rails, and did it with their permission after I'd asked, I got to sit on an overpass for pedestrians going into the yard proper to work, and it was right over the main lines. I got to watch trains fueling at the racks. Everything...
  18. D

    anyone know this engine's owner

    The wife and I were in Lordsburg, NM a couple of days ago taking care of her brother who passed away and I spent some time down at the tracks where some switching was going on. This is UP territory, and there were two AC44's sitting with the engines shut down, maroon in color, gray tops, and...
  19. D

    room for a layout

    WEll, I had the same problem, and I have half of a room at the house for my hobbies, but my honey was off taking care of her sick brother in another state, so I decided to muck out my hobby room. Took most of the day, but I now have a 2x4 layout in this room, filled two trash barrels with...
  20. D

    POLL: New "N" Scale Power

    I've been out of things for a few years, had no idea a guy could get something like Randy Gustafson makes. Pcarrol, thanks so much, I'm a scratchbuilder at heart so am contacting randy about a kit. I just checked out his amazing website, way cool. Thanks again for the help.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top