Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. UPBrad

    1999 Athearn Napa Promotional HO Set Value/Collectability?

    Athearn has put the word "Authentic" on most of their packaging for decades.
  2. UPBrad

    1999 Athearn Napa Promotional HO Set Value/Collectability?

    Does anyone know anything about the 1999 Napa Auto Parts Athearn HO Train Sets? Were they strictly a promotional item available to the stores? I can only find one on the internet and they want a pretty insane price. Any info/advice/opinions/comments are much appreciated!
  3. UPBrad

    Central Iowa (Model) Railroad Club (Des Moines)

    Does anyone know anything about CIRC at the fair grounds? My cousin wants to go see how the big bridge they are building is going but I can't find a website or any valid information on the web. I found a website CIRR but it looks like 17 year old information. Thanks, UPBrad
  4. UPBrad

    Help, I've got an addiction!

    I've got the same problem. CNW SD40-2 BLI and a CNW SD45 Proto. I didn't get them as cheap as you did though.
  5. UPBrad

    Putting the Blast in Blast Furnace

    Yeah, I can't help but blame the oversight. That's what you get for hiring supervisors with the kind of decision making skills that lead them to buy a Dodge Neon.
  6. UPBrad

    DCC Decoder help

    Can someone steer me toward a dcc decoder for my Broadway Limited CNW SD40-2 and/or my Proto 2000 CNW SD45. They're both supposed to have plugs, I've never done this before but I want sound and I want the correct sound. Any help is greatly appreciated!
  7. UPBrad

    I just bought a Broadway Limited

    Well I own it now regardless. We'll see what it is when I get it. Broadway Limited listed #369 as being DC w/o sound but we'll see. It's in traditional yellow and I would much rather have zito yellow. I'll probably put a sound decoder in it anyway.
  8. UPBrad

    I just bought a Broadway Limited

    This is a Paragon, in a bag, in a box. He didn't promise sound but he did promise DCC so I may rail on him a little bit.
  9. UPBrad

    I just bought a Broadway Limited

    In the picture the engine is laying in the foam insert and the engine appears to be in a sealed bag. He says in the auction that he didn't want to "open" the bag to take pictures.
  10. UPBrad

    I just bought a Broadway Limited

    I just bought an HO Broadway Limited SD40-2 C&NW on ebay for $66.56. Does that sound like a good price? It doesn't have sound but it is still in it's original sealed bag. The listing said DCC but #369 is listed as "powered, no sound" so he's confused or lying.
  11. UPBrad

    Layout on HOLD

    I'm totally bummed for you. Maybe you can get some sort of a government grant to buy my rolling stock.
  12. UPBrad

    Putting the Blast in Blast Furnace

    I've said for years that porta-johns were built better than Dodge Neons.
  13. UPBrad

    Westport Terminal RR

    Still, the weathering is great, kudos.
  14. UPBrad

    WeekendPhotoFun Jan 11 12 13

    That is some unbelievable weathering!
  15. UPBrad

    Why is the hobby in trouble?

    I'm 25 and a HUGE rail fan but I live and grew up along the Overland Route (former C&NW) and mainline photography isn't very exciting in my opinion, nothing but straight, fast tracks.
  16. UPBrad

    Why is the hobby in trouble?

    I just bought a ton of N scale stuff, basically an entire layout including a complete DCC system, the kind of thing that would have been the greatest thing that ever happened to me 5 or 10 years ago but now I feel like I don't have time to put it together the way I would like it done, I don't...
  17. UPBrad

    Rc

    Radio controlled cars don't use throttle servos unless they are Nitro powered. Electric race cars use electronic speed controls (ESPs) and they are very small and handle a LOT of power, like 50-100 amps.
  18. UPBrad

    Athearn GP-60M and B's

    If you do not remove the worm gears the trucks will not roll when dragged.
  19. UPBrad

    Athearn GP-60M and B's

    Well, that will making lighting a little more difficult but that's ok. Those covers over the worm gears will pop off and the shaft rides on two square bushing (on one each end of gear. Once you take the gear shaft and bushings out you can pop that cover back on (holds the trucks to the...
  20. UPBrad

    Athearn GP-60M and B's

    Leave the motor in just take the drive shafts out and the top worm gear out of each truck then it will be good and heavy and your lights will work.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top