ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
4
Love it. Glad I'm not the only one at the side of the tracks with a camera. Love it when I keep my distance but some idiot starts wandering down the trakcs.
-
4
Yeah I used to be able to get that to work on the windows version. I have since changed over to a MAC and the MAC version leaves a lot to be desired. I had to load the car inventory about five times to make it work. Same with the track inventory. Now that the cars are loaded I can't drag...
-
4
I have a layout drawn but can't figure out how to get it from Xtrkcad on MAC and post it here. Anyone know how?
-
4
Hi guys, I just buiolt a bookshelf for my wife in the basement and wouldn't you know it there was plenty of room to put a shelf under that but we ran out of books. Looks like I have a place to start a little layout. I have never designed a shelf layout and am looking for ideas. I saw a guy...
-
4
I am starting the new layout sometime soon I hope. I am looking to build it in a sectional manner which I guess means in modules but not to the strict standards of a module. Of course this takes away interchangability but keeps the mobility factor.
i was wondering if anyone would perhaps...
-
4
Okay here is the module plan hopefully. The idea is for the spur to hold about twelve 40' hoppers and maybe one or two covered hoppers for ash or a flatcar for heavy shipments.
Two storage tracks are included each holding about six cars. A thirs track goes to the rotary dumper in which my...
-
4
talked to a friend at the club the other night and he talked me out of using a kadee to pull the track side to side. Instead he suggested a motorized screw drivewith a nut on the crane assembly. I have no idea how to design this though.
Would sppreciate any input.
-
4
I have not had a chance to pick up a kadee electric uncoupler. But here's an ideaand maybe you guys could tell me if it might work. Inside a shed or something I would have a pair of tracks mounted with most ties removed. THrough the hole where the truck normally goes to the car I would mount...
-
4
you know i didn't even think of that point. The shavings would definetely find their way into all sorts of bad places. Thanks for pointing that out. I think I was actually moving away from them as of last night anyway. It would take so long for a magnet to empty the filings that it woyuld be...
-
4
Thanks for the input guys. I have redesigned the module layout to include the things mentioned. I have a long double ended spur so all switching will be off the main which I understand is normal for a class I railroad. Off that I have two spurs for storage tracks, one for empties and one for...
-
4
great info thanks
I did include one extra track and made the 45 tonners track long enought o accomodate a couple cars so there would be room for this kind of traffic in addition to the normal coal loads.
-
4
Hi folks,
For the new layout I am going to include a coal power plant. There are not many of these in my area that I know of but I have a bunch of coal cars with no real purpose. So far I have included a track for full hoppers, a track for empties, a track for pushing cars through an...
-
4
Has anyone tried the woodland scenics grade kits. They look like they should take a lot of the guess work out of the whole thing. I know they come in a few different grades and am considering using them for my layout.
-
4
Thanks guys. I was actually thinking I would need a lot more than that. Glad to hear it should not need so much. I don't want a real steep grade so being able to spread it out and have plataeus along the climb would be helpful for scenery and stuff.
-
4
i am looking to include a return loop underneath the main line on the new layout. This will be hidden staging and a hidden loop to allow for continuous running when not in an operating scheme. The beginning of the line will be at say 45" and will climb a grade so that a return line beneath it...
-
4
I picked the Boston and Albany Line Berkshire Subdivision because it runs right through my town and I think CSX locos have a nice piant scheme. The BNSF swoosh is pretty nice too though.
-
4
i should have mentioned that the pink area is not all layout. The benckwork will be designed so that it is not much more than two feet wide at any point for the same reasons you stated. I jsut don't know how to draw it with Atlas Right Track. Right now the aisles are about 24-36" In areas...
-
4
Oh yeah this was designed for a minimum radius of 24" on the main and minimum turnout being a #6 to allow for passenger cars and maybe some autoracks.
-
4
New layout is going into a new room which is about 8.5 ft. by 20.5 ft. This is the idea I have come up with. Basicallyu looking to maximize mainline run with a point to point kind of operating ability. Industries and stuff will be added later. At top right the main line continues back into...
-
4
yeah I am going to check those out as well.
Thanks
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)