ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
4
Ordered the new ones with a lustre finish. This finish is not quite as flat as a matte but resists the glare. It is printed somehow so the paper is imperceptibly rougher. It allows for good saturation, while avoiding the glare effect you see above. Plus it cuts down on the visibility of...
-
4
Yeah I'm looking into that. Part of the effort on the website is to keep prices down. My print company doesn't offer the sizes in matte. Part of it is also that I was using a big flash.
-
4
New pics. Changed a couple things around. Started installing the backdrop only to find that the above shelf presented too much of an obstacle. I am re-ordering the prints tomorrow and will then take down all the books and the shelf and put the backdrop in properly.
-
4
I like the idea of the themed benchwork
-
4
I am looking at a phased approach as well. My plan is to basically build one module at a time. However, I want continuous running so in the area not under construction I will be building about a six inch shelf all the way around the wall. This will allow enough room for two tracks, allowing...
-
4
Oh yeah be careful with those 4' deep sections. Might be tough to reach without an access of some sort.
-
4
I like your most recent bench best. I think it may give you the room to up the radius on those turns. I know what you have now will run the 18" radius fine but this is a long term project. In your case very long due to the size of it. You may change your mind in the future. Put in 24" and...
-
4
Whip City Railroad
So here's the new design for the peninsula. Instead of a coal mine I am going to go with a dockside loading facility. The space on the left is going to be water. Barges and ships can moor up here and offload coal, which puts my hoppers to use. But, this is not limited to...
-
4
Here are some pics with track laid
-
4
Hey guys, well, the shelf portion has been built. I did abandon the wye for now. For two reasons. One I wanted a little more room for other stuff, and secondly, and the bigger reason is that forgoing the wye means the train has to come down to the run around in order to access the pier. THis...
-
4
So the plan for the peninsula has changed some. I am looking at making it into a dockside facility. Track plan will change some as well. Why? Well, there are no coal mines in New England, plus ships can bring in all sorts of cargo making for more chance of different rail traffic in one spot...
-
4
SO I just hooked up my MRC system to the program track. Main wires will be run next. I installed an MRC sound and motion decoder into an Athearn RTR loco. I thought I had followed the instructions in the manual but nothing is happening. I ran a loco with a decoder factory installed and it...
-
4
Well started laying track down today. Also picked up a couple decoders, and stuff. Sure is nice to see the trains out of the boxes again. Anyone know if you can buy a JST 9 plug? I bought two decoders, one digitrax sound and function, and one MRC sound and function. I have heard things...
-
4
Here is what I think will be the final plan. Of course, that seems to be the tenth time I have said that. This time the track is bought though.
-
4
This is a great layout. I am enjoying that you bring the scenes to life with a little story. Not being from California I am curious, do these narratives represent current events in Cali?
I love the detail work and the camera work.
-
4
So I took some of the comments from here and another forum. Thanks for all of them. Here is what I've got now. The peninsula is going to be an industrial yard of some sort. I figure once the general plan is down I can decide on what to put there later. The peninsula also will not be built...
-
4
I was thinking something like that myself just gotta figure out how the crossing will work. I like the extra run around. I hadn't even thought of that.
Thanks
-
4
So here is the new layout plan. I am hoping for some comments as to what problems you foresee and how to fix them. The goal is to simulate a few industries. The biggest industry on the left is a coal loading operation. THis will feature a coal loader of some sort. This area will be raised a...
-
4
You can also open the map window and move the shaded part over the portion of the layout you are working on. I find this helpful on the plans for my larger layout.
-
4
That's an incredible collection of switchers. Would love to see the layout to go with those.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)