Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    n vs. ho

    I'm thinking that I'll go with ho, but probably not on a 4'x8'. Maybe a 5'x8'? any good dimensions for a small area would be good. any advice?
  2. M

    Y turnouts

    If there is a #3 Y turnout, would it actualy only have the turn of a #6 standard turnout?
  3. M

    profile updates

    I think your right and my avitar is too large. I'll try again later.
  4. M

    profile updates

    DARN! Any advice?
  5. M

    profile updates

    just testing... if it works thanks!:)
  6. M

    Ahm

    Thanks for the advice!:)
  7. M

    profile updates

    How do you add pictures to your profile?
  8. M

    Ahm

    I am looking at few engines for sale and wanted to know the quality of an AHM RS2 and a 4-6-2. Each is $20. Is that a good deal?
  9. M

    Gramp's old RR magazines

    Don't you think it would just be cool to look at? Not as a refference?
  10. M

    Tyco quality?

    I am looking to buy some used trains and want to know the quality of tyco rolling stock. Any suggestions? Any information would be nice.
  11. M

    begining a layout.

    Unfortuneatly, the $75 deal is off. However, I have found another- 2 bachman trainsets- flying scotsman and the oriental express for $50. Is this a good deal? I think it's very good.
  12. M

    begining a layout.

    change of plans.... Unfortuneatly, the $75 deal is off. However, I have found another- 2 bachman trainsets- flying scotsman and the oriental express for $50. Is this a good deal? I think it's very good.
  13. M

    n vs. ho

    I am looking to start a model railroad. I have limited space. (4'x8') Which scale do you think would best suit an area of this size? Which is a better deal?
  14. M

    Gramp's old RR magazines

    We have the following magazines available: Live Steam: from the 80's, 90's, 2000s etc. Model Railroader: from the 1940's forward to present. Narrow Gauge Gazette: from the 80's, 90's, 2000's and present. My grandfather had quite a collection and we need to decide what to do with these. We...
  15. M

    walthers/shinohara complex switches

    I am planning a layout and want to know- which would be cheaper, a walthers/shinohara code 83 #6 double slip, or 3 or 4 switches and a crossing. Also, what quality is peco and walthers compared to atlas? Thanks!
  16. M

    miwing track types

    I am getting a trian set and it comes with a loop or brass trackor life like snap track. I plan on upgrading it with atlas code 83 (nickel silver) I have a few questions. #Is it ok to mix brass track and nickel silver? #What is the rail hight? (code) #What metal is the snap track made...
  17. M

    Starting the new layout!

    I am planning a layout of my own, and I would like to know how you made that plan. Are you a good artist or was it a compuer program?
  18. M

    HO questions; where to find...

    I don't even have a train yet, but a place you might want to look is Wholesaletrains.com Like I said, I'm new at this so I'm sorry if it's not what you're looking for
  19. M

    Switches

    I was looking at switches, and I want to know what the numbers mean. I'm pretty sure that they have something to do with the curve raidus, but what switch number = what radius.
  20. M

    DCC, DC, etc.

    What is the difference betweeen DCC, DC, and the others layouts. I think it has something to do with the type of power / current/ voltage. Am I right? Which is better? Thanks. P.S. Why is everyone copying my Question mark thing?!?!?!




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top