Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. M

    DCC, DC, etc.

    how many trains can the ez command system handle?
  2. M

    DCC, DC, etc.

    I found a bachman Ez command dcc 0-6-0 kit @ http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?ID=200429902 for $75. just lettin' us beginers know where some cheap DCC stuff is! what do ya think?
  3. M

    Tyco quality?

    thanks everybody. I actualy didn't get any tyco stuff but it was interesting info!:)
  4. M

    DCC, DC, etc.

    I lubed it well and it's better, but still not perfect..... maybe some more lube.:)
  5. M

    profile updates

    also, how do you post pictures or xtrkcad layoouts?:confused:
  6. M

    DCC, DC, etc.

    It was about $5, so I'm not going to put any money into it. :rolleyes:
  7. M

    DCC, DC, etc.

    I recently got an old-but-new bachman switcher. It goes, but very slowly and making an awful screetching noise-not an electronic screetch. It was running on a DC loop. do you think it would have anything to do with a DC/DCC issue? if not, what's wrong?
  8. M

    begining a layout.

    Well, this is what I got- *the bachman+ F7 A+B both powered. the B section is a little loud, but I think it just needs a good cleaning/lubing, and it will quiet down once I get it off raw plywood. *the AHM 4-6-4 hudson 7-car thing. slightly irreliable, but if you nudge it, it will move...
  9. M

    Y turnouts

    Thanks!:):):)
  10. M

    n vs. ho

    well, I already got HO. sorry! Here is a picture of my area, if it came through.
  11. M

    Y turnouts

    knowing this, what would be equivalent to a 22" radius turn?
  12. M

    garage layout progress (part 2)

    Just wondering, what are the dimensions of this layout, and were is your new addition?
  13. M

    profile updates

    how do you shrink a picture to the correct size from MY PICTURES?:confused:
  14. M

    n vs. ho

    I plan to have mostly freight opperations, but I would like to have 2 towns and a passenger train connecting them. I was thinking a sort of 8'x8' bent dogbone thingy in a corner would work well, with a town at each turn around. As far as era, I was thinking early 50's/late 40's, when both steam...
  15. M

    starting 5x6 or 4x8 layout

    I've never had a layout, but I'd go with #3 hands down
  16. M

    begining a layout.

    my grandparents live in columbus IN The hudson is a 7 car AHM set. He wants $50, but I don't think it's worth that,so I'll offer $25-$40. sound good? He also has a DD40
  17. M

    begining a layout.

    I'm pretty sure the hudson is still in the box, but i'm not sure of the brand. I'll probably offer $30 for the F7, (if it's in good condition) and the switcher is only $5, so if it blows up after a few hours, I really won't care:)
  18. M

    Y turnouts

    Thanks! that's exactly what I wanted to know.:)
  19. M

    begining a layout.

    I'm not going to get the sets. But, from the same guy, I am getting a switcher($5) a bachman+ F-7 a+b units, (both powered) ($40) and ahudson streamline passenger set (but only if the price is right):D If there are any blatant problems with this, LET ME KNOW, remember, I have know idea whati'm...
  20. M

    n vs. ho

    i will go with ho, but not on a 4x8. any suggestions for a small area layout




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top