Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    Fox Valley AM/VO for HO Scale

    As far as I have seen, they have both a pair of 7 Post box's in both AM and V&O as well as four each of GEVO's for each line in DCC ready offerings. V&O GEVO #4413, #4410, #4432, #4420 AM GEVO #4456, #4453, #4472, #4461 V&O 7 Post: #38671, #38624 AM 7 Post: #68028, #68005 Hope it...
  2. P

    Double crossover question

    While cheaper is better works for a bit of things, when it comes to something as complex as a double crossover, I think honestly you would be a lot better off spending the money on a top of the line piece. Less of a chance of bad manufacturing, better set up for DCC, etc. Just my opinion of...
  3. P

    Better check this out!!!

    Nah, I just want what's in the bottom left corner. ;)
  4. P

    Realistic Switches

    For some reason Tillig is ringing a rather loud bell as the maker of a cross over I saw in a pic once, don't think anyone else makes one: Double Crossover, with double slips at each end. A true 'Puzzle Switch". Always been tempted to pick one up if I could ever find it anywhere, and...
  5. P

    Track and Silly Noobs

    Thanks all for the comments: I am one of those detail freaks that people laugh at - back when I did 15mm Napoleonic's I was that guy that made sure every button and lapel was in the exact right shade of colour for that exact unit. So, yes... detail does weigh heavy on my seesaw of ROI gage...
  6. P

    Track and Silly Noobs

    With me being the silly noob. Right, while this might be considered crazy, insane, or just outright suicidal, I am taking steps to build my first layout since I was a kid far too long ago. What I am thinking of doing is jumping right into DCC - which isn't too crazy - and not just trying...
  7. P

    Any other railroads double head with Union Pacific?

    Yes they do - its largely, as I understand it - a case of each of the railroads scratching each others backs. They might compete like nothing else, but there are times they might have to use another railroads tracks, or they have a locomotive shortage, and have to get help from the other...
  8. P

    has NS released any of the heritage paint jobs

    We would be so lucky!
  9. P

    FP7's

    Does anyone know of anyone doing either a out of box/upgrade kit of the CAT rebuild of the FP7's the Ontario Northland ran in the early 2000's? I've always wanted to get at least one done up since I can't help but really want to run a prototypical consist of a FP7 and a SD75. :)
  10. P

    Information on Burlington Northern

    Thanks - So I do have a fig leaf to excuse a pair of 45's on my merger era setup. I still want to see an F70ACe. ;)
  11. P

    Information on Burlington Northern

    Thanks - What of the ATSF 45's? Did they last there long enough to get merged into the BNSF?
  12. P

    Information on Burlington Northern

    Speaking of BN and F45's, when was the last time F45 or FP45 ran in service with the BN, or even BNSF?
  13. P

    Cat problem

    I don't know about your cats, but I noted that back when was a kid one of the tricks we used to keep them off of spots was to occasionally hit the area's with water that has some citrus in it: evidently cats don't like oranges, and stays away from them. if it works for yours, not only will...
  14. P

    Things I Wish They Sold

    Or open a bottle of it with your mouth: once watched - and was unable to speak since I had just taken a bit of a sandwich - a friend make the attempt: the expected results!
  15. P

    Things I Wish They Sold

    Not exactly workbench supplies, but I would give about anything to find a Workspoor TEE train done up in ON livery.
  16. P

    Your favorite Prototype Railroad?

    Oh, ask a easy question.. Honestly though, its the BN, though I have a fondness for the BNSF as well as a primary loyalty. Close second though is the Ontario Northland: Don't ask me why, I couldn't give you a great answer, but the line has always been one that has always grabbed my...
  17. P

    is it just me or...

    I *think* the image was flipped for some reason or the other, but then I haven't had the chance to really look hard at the commercial. Either way, its pretty amusing. Sounds like whoever produced the commercial for CSX just saw Blue with Yellow symbols and didn't think about if the car in...
  18. P

    is it just me or...

    In the new CSX commercial (The one with the power up sequence) the Box Car that is walked in front of belongs not to CSX but Ontario Northland? I swear it looks like the Chevrons more than anything I've ever seen on a CSX box.
  19. P

    More custom paint schemes

    Yeah it would: If I was Buffet, I would just because I could order up a dozen or so sets of A-B-B-A F70ACe's. Not the most practicable things, but... for distributed power it might fly... A-B on the head, a B in the middle, and the last A on the end... hrm...
  20. P

    More custom paint schemes

    If I had the talent, or the cash to pay someone else, I would love to take a SD70Ace and convert it to a F70Ace.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top